Valve announces new non-story Left 4 Dead 2 DLC for release “after Portal 2″

Thursday, 17th February 2011 05:37 GMT By Nathan Grayson

Can’t stand wise-cracking robots, great puzzles, and heaping gobs of charm? Well then, you have no soul. But also, Valve hasn’t forgotten about you, undead-loving (possibly undead) fan, and has announced its plans to throw you a bone in the form of some brand new Left 4 Dead 2 DLC.

The star player of the new DLC will be a community map from “2 Evil Eyes” creator Matthew Lourdelet called Cold Stream. The three remaining Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns will also be included, and the driving push is a focus on gameplay instead of story this time around.

As for a release date, Valve’s not entirely sure just yet. It’s still fairly early in development from the sound of things, so all the developer can promise is a non-committal “sometime after Portal 2.” Here’s hoping that means “soon-ish” and not “Half-Life 2: Episode Three.”

1. back_up

can’t wait for portal
    such a unique game
    and valve said: best version of portal is on PS3

2. Yoshi

Did they seriously just say that all the l4d1 maps are coming to l4d2? Thanks for fucking over the L4D1 fans Valve and letting us waste £30 *thumbs up*

3. Maximum Payne

@1 yea best CONSOLE VERSION is PS3

@2 I think it is too latte for any DLC for l4d i stoped playing it long time ago

4. Maximum Payne

@1 yea best CONSOLE VERSION is PS3

@2 I think it is too latte for any DLC for l4d 2 i stoped playing it long time ago

5. YoungZer0

As if L4D had a story …

6. crooon

@2 Really, you’re still on that? Let it go…
    I bought it the first week and got 400 good hours out of it the first few months. I bought L4D2 right away too, and have 600 hours under my belt. No regrets. As far as I’m concerned L4D3 can’t come soon enough so I have yet more to play. It’s people like you that stopped them from releasing L4D3 in November, in tradition with the other two.

However, this is great news, I’ve been wanting to play Blood Harvest with the charger, will be great fun.