Thu, Feb 17, 2011 | 16:25 GMT
Thursday shorts: Crysis 2 dolls, Beyond Good & Evil t-shirts, UnchainBlades ReXX, Engines
So many tiny bits of news. So little time.
- “Crysis 2 action figures in stores now”. It is what it is. The game ships in late March.
- Guinness asked people about their top game characters of all time. Mario won. The list’s on Kotaku.
- ArsTechnica’s got a thing about indie’s being ripped off on the App Store.
- Ubi’s released some Beyond Good & Evil Avatar items. The game re-releases on March 2.
- Kotaku’s got some early concept posters from Left 4 Dead.
- 3DS and PSP RPG UnchainBlades ReXX has been announced in Famitsu. It’s being made by Shining Force and Final Fantasy luminaries. There’s more on Andriasang and Joystiq.
- Voting for the Independent Games Festival’s 2011 Audience Award closes Friday, February 18 at midnight PST, so get on it. The award will be allocated on March 2 at GDC.
- Meridian4 and Steel Monkeys International have announced a new vehicular combat game, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, for Steam release this April. It’s to cost $9.99. There’s more on EvilAvatar.
- “THQ Announces SpongeBob SquigglePants for the uDraw GameTablet for Wii”. We have nothing to add. The press release is here.
- Sci fi FPS Natural Selection 2 is getting some kind of alien vision patch. There’s more on BigDownload.
- Engagdet has pictures of the Sony Ericsson Xperia family on display at MWC 2011. Go have a look.
- The MCM Expo will have about 20 3DS systems on hand for you to play with. It’s happening in the Midlands over at Telford International Centre February 19. Spong has more on this.
- Starbreeze studios has signed a “long-term” licensing agreement to use Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3. Get more over on Gamasutra.
- Terminal Reality has adapted its Infernal Engine to support 3DS. “We are excited to see what Infernal developers have in store for Nintendo 3DS,” said rep Joe Kreiner.