Criterion announces Hot Pursuit DLC triple-whammy

Thursday, 17th February 2011 14:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Criterion’s announced three new DLC packs for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit that will begin launching next week.

The first pack, known as Armed and Dangerous, will launch next Tuesday, and will feature two new game modes: Most Wanted and Arms Race.

Most Wanted sees the cops chase down a specific racer, while the rest of the racer group protects the target, while Arms Race is free-for-all racing that sees weapons enabled. There’ll be three new trophies/achievements with the pack.

It’ll cost you €6.99/560 MS points.

The second pack is called Lamborghini Untamed, which releases on March 1, includes Cop and Racer versions of the Lamborghini Diablo, Countach and Sesto Elemento.

The pack will include ten new events and four new trophies/achievements for €6.99/560 MS points.

The third and final DLC, Porsche Unleashed, sees the inclusion of 82 Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 959 and 911 Speedster as well as ten new events and four new trophies/achievements.

It’ll release on March 8 for €6.99/560 MS points.

There’s a trailer for all of the DLC over at Criterion’s website here.

1. NeoSquall

All platforms or just consoles?

2. NeoSquall

Checked the site: just for consoles.

Meh.

3. Johnny Cullen

4. theevilaires

SOLD! I love NFS HP so much I haven’t even completed 3% of GT5 yet. I really hope EA and Criterion can release the sequel this year.

5. artursz1993

#4 sorry, this game is so short… I finished it in 2 weeks :( and sold game, Yea, this is great game, but too easy to get 100%.

These add-ons are pure robbery! if it would be one pack, witch costed around 600-800, then ok, but when 3 seperate add-ons each 560pts price, sorry but never!

6. NeoSquall

@3 Wow. Just wow.

7. theevilaires

I agree with you artursz it does seem like robbery but I think by the game being kind of short meant they will probably release a sequel this fall hopefully. The game definitely left you wanting more by the end and online does do a good job of holding you over until the fall. So hopefully that’s the plan.

As for the DLC I have a few bucks to burn and I can’t stand having a game I got a platinum on being only at 85% because they decided to add DLC trophies. Its a tricky tactic to get the trophy whores and completest/elitist to spend more money and it is effective at the same time for most of us.

8. back_up