THQ to make “huge announcement” in March, confirms Bilson

Monday, 14th February 2011 20:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s Danny Bilson’s just tweeted the company will have a “huge announcement” to make next month.

The boss of core games at the publisher said the announce will come in the second week of the month with plenty of content to come from it.

The tweet reads:

“Look for a HUGE announcement from us the second week in March! Will come with lots of content.”

Saints Row 3 or your money back guaranteed. Bilson previously said that a “big” announcement on the anticipated Volition title would be “coming soon.”

The same day, the company confirmed a fall release for the game, although THQ CEO Brian Farrell said that he had been placed “under a very tight gag order by our Saints Row team. Hang in there: you’re going to love it.”

1. dandan123

saints row 3?

2. OrbitMonkey

I wonder if they’ll be doing another exclusivity deal with Microsoft?

3. redder1111

Hope it will be Darksiders 2 …

4. Hunam

I enjoyed the first Saints Row enough, but it was only because I was waiting for GTA. Since GTA came out I kinda don’t see the point.

5. McLovin85

THQ being bought by Activision….? :P

6. LePlatypus

Patrice Desilets game init

7. Hunam

@6 I’m fairly certain anything he is working on wont be announced in 2011. I mean he’s still got his non-compete and then he has to build a studio. We wont be seeing anything from him for a long time.

8. DSB

I would be mighty pleased with a Saints Row 3 announcement. RF: Guerilla was pretty lame save for the demolition.

@5 Nah, Activision already has a nice line-up of mediocre developers :P

9. NeoSquall

I bet it will be Space Marine release date.

10. OlderGamer

I’d wet myself if they got another studio working on Titan Quest II.

Never happen mind you, but oh how I would look forward to that. Guess I will have to settle for DiabloIII when that gets done.

11. AHA-Lambda

i need to check out saints row at some point
    i keep hearing from people its what gta 4 should have been =/

12. spangar11

@11 i wouldnt go that far, they arent bad games but gta is still better when it comes to these kind of games.. the driving is kind of corny and has a cartoon look but its not bad..customization is really cool though

13. Crysis

@11, It’s a fun gangsta themed game, imagine the first part GTA San Andreas but a little more cartoony.

14. drewbles82

@11 Personally i found the last GTA rubbish, it got too serious, I dont want my brother, girlfriend, friends calling me on the mobile asking me to go out for a meal,show,bowling etc so often. Id be about to start a mission and theyd call me and if you refuse, you loose rep with them so you might loose a bonus like free cab fares. It was just so boring, they took the fun out the game.
    Saints row was good but it was their first go at that sorta game, 2nd came with loads of improvements, put the fun back into GTA style game. I think its better than any of the GTAs.

15. DSB

^^ 120% agree.

16. DEADEYES

@1: No thanks! Enough for Saint Row!
    @3: Holy God! Agreed with you! :D
    @5: No sh1t for Activision here, mate!

17. Crysis

@16, It will be Saints 3, THQ has delayed the announcement too many times, first E3, then GDC then spike Spike Video Game awards, if it is to be released this year they need to officially announce it sooner rather than later & I fucking hope they do, loved the second & the original was awesome.
    Really hope next gen will use some form of Geo-Mod engine for Saints Row 4, assuming of course that physics engines like Havok are still as limited as they are today.

18. Blerk

Saints Row 3 would suit me just fine. :-)

19. orakaa

@14: +1
    GTA IV was boring and annoying as hell, especially the stupid Niko Bellic’s character.
    At least Saints Row 2 let you have fun, do things your own way and you really felt like your actions mattered (and if someone tried to cross you, you could directly go and kick his ass)

20. AHA-Lambda

saints row 3 revealed

21. AHA-Lambda

^ sorry it seems to be the next game informer cover revealed early or something