Paradox planning a Magicka “surprise” for GDC next month

Friday, 11th February 2011 18:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Paradox Interactive and Arrowhead Game Studios is planning a “surprise” related to Magicka during GDC next month.

Per the press release: “So what is the Magicka surprise? We won´t say until GDC. But here is a clue – it is not what you think it is.”

Whatever that means. Possibly a console port? An unannounced expansion? Folks dressed as the characters from the game roaming the Moscone Center? Guess we’ll all find out in March.

Other games being shown at GDC this year from the publisher are: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, Pirates of Black Cove, Defenders of Ardania, and Supreme Ruler: Cold War.

Thanks, BigDownload.

1. NeoSquall

Firt thought: a sequel.
    So it won’t be a sequel.

I bet some new characters skin from Valve games à la MNC.

2. Erthazus

the best surprise will be if they are ging to say: NO MORE BUGS!!!!

3. abbe

“Valve games à la MNC”

Monday Night Combat is not a Valve game… Or do you mean some sort of cross promotional thing that Valve did between TF2 and MNC?

4. Lord Gremlin

PSN version? Already have it on PC, but I guess I’ll never complete chapter 11. On PS3 however the dangling carrot of platinum trophy may force me to man up and beat the game.

5. OlderGamer

I just got a couple of new weapons to use in TF2 via Rift. Maybe he is thinking something like that?

6. hitnrun

I wish they would dispense with the “surprise” and make “the anticipated announcement,” namely the XLBA and PSN versions.

7. DSB

Are they going to finish the game maybe? Give us half our money back?

8. NeoSquall

@3 If you read together “new characters skin from Valve games à la MNC” as a guess of what is going to be the surprise then
    Yes, it means I was referring to the cross-promotion between MNC and TF2