New Shogun 2 trailer is full of CG

Friday, 11th February 2011 09:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sega’s released a new three minute video for Total War: Shogun 2. Catch it after the break.

The clip for the Creative Assembly RTS is all in CG and shows off an army lining up to take on an enemy force before seeing a one-on-one battle in action.

Video’s below. Shogun 2 releases on March 15 worldwide for PC.

1. Erthazus

Where is GIANT ENEMY CRAB?

On Topic: Best RTS of this year. I can’t wait for this game. It’s full of win and i’m really happy that they returned to SHOGUN. SHOGUN was the best Total War in my opinion.

2. Kalain

I might just have to replay the original before I get this. Definately on my to buy list for this year

3. Suikoden Fan

@1 i agree on shogun being the best TW

4. Grimrita

I didnt actually get the first Shogun but have all the other TWs. However, after the past 3 poor outings of the series, this will be the first one I dont buy on day 1.

But after playing the beta of DoW 2, that is officially now OFF my shopping list – I dont want ANOTHER Company of Heroes, so I might now have to go back on my word.

This had better be an improvement Sega. No more lazy developing please!

5. NeoSquall

2.39 SONS OF BITCHES!

6. NinjaMidget

@4 Same here, only one I don’t have is the first TW: shogun. Might have to invest on steam.

I keep on hearing people on the Creative Assembly forums saying how bad Empire and Napoleon were. I thought they were great! What did you guys think was wrong with them?

7. Grimrita

It was just Empire/Napoleon – it was Med 2 where the downfall begin. Probably the worldest DUMBEST AI known to man, and the trend has continued.

For me, Napoleon felt like and essentially was, an expansion pack but sold at full price. Some of the bugs are a joke and still havent yet been fixed (Watch Spain limber/unlimber its artillery onto the battlefield if they are reinforcements).

The games have launched with far too many bugs, which get fixed 7 months AFTER released(or not fixed at all). The high standards that CA once had, have dropped like a stone since Sega bought them.