Blizzard crossing its fingers that Diablo III will hit “this year”

Friday, 11th February 2011 20:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard vice president Rob Pardo has said the developer still hopes to release Diablo III by the end of the year.

Speaking with Kotaku while he was walking the red carpet at the AIAS Awards, Pardo said that Diablo III coming out this year was the “goal,” but getting it right was more important.

“We really, really hope [it is out in 2011],” he said. “That’s our goal. Our goal is to get there. But you know, at the end of the day, we are going to get it right. That’s more important.

“We’re going to promise, we’re going to get it out there when it’s awesome. And, we’re crossing our fingers, maybe it will be this year.”

During a call to investors this week, Activision AFO Thomas Tippl said the firm’s outlook for 2011 did not include a release from Blizzard, and that until it goes into beta, a release date will not be locked in.

1. razvan2you

Hey, guys, sorry to post here but i’m just downloading Crysis 2 demo from a torrent site…..I didn’t know that it’ll have a demo for singleplayer….

2. razvan2you

Actualy it’s the full game guys…..WTF…..

3. RickyWicky

Keep it to yourself.

4. osric90

Diablo I and II: Lord of Destruction on Steam (Diablo III too, of course) and Diablo III for consoles, please!!

5. MushroomStamp

There is no try.. only do

6. Phoenixblight

They aren’t going to do that, they have their own version steam and you can and will only buy from that. No Blizzard game is on Steam not even the infamous WoW.

7. MushroomStamp

(bring back edit)

I agree osr1c90, Would much rather play on console… I’ll get the PC version and then probably the console ver as well if-ever that comes.

8. DSB

Fat chance osric90.

Battle.net or NOZZING! They love the fuck out of that service, and I guess it saves them paying a distributor a cut.

I’d be surprised if Diablo III is out by July 2012 personally. Blizzard have pretty much shown that they’ll pospone the project at any time if someone else gets close to matching them on any part of the game.

9. Callum

It’s worth the wait. Be honest, will you NOT buy this because it took too long to develop?

10. YoungZer0

Just work hard for once.

11. Dartox

@Stephany Nunneley

“Blizzard vice president Rob Pardo has said the developer still hopes to release Diablo II by the end of the year.”

I’m suprised no one noticed =)

12. Stephany Nunneley

God. They better hurry. Diablo III is hoped for by the end of the year.

/facepalm

13. blackdreamhunk

blizzards is known for their being late but they are always well done. It being late is ok with me.

14. GwynbleiddiuM

Well I’ve been waiting for Diablo 3 whole my life, and I hope they don’t succeed with a console port cuz I hate to see the integrity of my beloved Diablo is touched by that kinda filth. I’m a pro-anti-cosolization-party. That will result in simplification and interface screw ups.

BTW, on PC it will sell like mad so no need to bring the awesome feeling of RPG superiority to a restricted machine, which probably results in abortion of mod community completely.

15. Phoenixblight

Sorry but if they can put Torchlight on to a console they can do the same for D3. You can be pro whatever but money talks and shit walks.

16. back_up

if console version is finished it might released in 2011

17. Freek

Acording to Eurogamer Activision financial projections reveal that they do not believe Blizzard will launch any game in 2011.
    So if the people on the inside don’t even see this happening, I woulden’t get my hopes up.

18. Freek

and this is why I always rely on the edit button…spelling and factual errors will be the end of me….. :p