The Witcher 2 preorder incentives expanded

Thursday, 10th February 2011 00:15 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Good Old Games has updated the pre-order page for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, revealing a slew of new bonuses for existing and – dare we hint broadly – new preorders.

Wither 2 preorders made through GOG entitle the purchaser to immediate access to several digital incentives, recently extended to include a .pdf art book with five exclusive illustrations.

The new immediate-access incentives come on top of previously announced wallpapers, avatars, four MP3 tracks, and a photo tour of the CD Projekt RED studio.

If you’ve already placed your pre-order through GOG, you’re eligible to download the newly-added incentives as well.

The digital version sold through GOG also digitally replicates bonus items found in the retail package, such as maps and latters; the game’s manual; and even a couple of papercraft figures. These will be made available on release day, although digital purchasers will also receive an exclusve art book in .pdf format.

There are a couple of different editions of the game to chosoe from; Steam and GOG preorders discount the game’s digital cover price by ten percent, while GOG is exclusively offering a free game from their RPG back catalogue.

On top of that, the game looks great. The Witcher 2 is due on May 17, exclusively for PC.

Thanks, Blue.

1. Erthazus

Good lord.. my most anticipated RPG of this year…

2. Brenna Hillier

I just found out the MP3 tracks have been available for a while, so I’ve done a ninja edit to correct that. Thanks Tim!

3. Uncontested

Can’t wait for this game and Dragon Age 2.

4. jacobvandy

I do like having most of my games on Steam, but you pretty much have to go to the source for The Witcher 2.

5. back_up

truth is that nobody preorder it so they are expanded it
    PC gamers are pirates even if they give free 2 or 3 games PC gamers will not pre-order it
    because everything id free for PC gamers

6. Kalain

Already Pre-Ordered. First game was excellent, this should be better.

And you have any evidence to back up your statements? If so, tell us where you got them from so us PC gamers can go read for ourseleves. And everything is free on the PS3 now, thanks to GeoHot and others.

7. NeoSquall

Nothing else for those like me who preordered the whopping 80euros (formerly 91euros) Collector’s Edition?

8. Shubb9

@5 pre-ordered mine from GOG about a month ago. Won’t make you shut the fuck up tho will it?

9. Nissanthen

I can’t wait! I am ordering the Collector’s Edition. I love you CD Project!

@Back_up
    Don’t worry, this game will sell well.