Players have killed over 62 million enemies in Killzone 3′s open beta

Wednesday, 9th February 2011 17:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced some interesting stats concerning the multiplayer beta for Killzone 3, and looks like participants have racked up quite the amount of kills in just a week’s time.

According to Sony, there’s been over 62 million kills so far, and 10 percent of those were Brutal Melee kills.

Some 400,000 games have been played in the open beta, and over half a million players have appeared on the game’s leaderboards – two of which passed the one million XP barrier.

Impressive.

The post over the US PS Blog also mentions issues player have noted in the beta, and lists what Guerrilla is doing to address them.

Check it all out through the link.

Killzone 3 launches on February 22 in the US and February 25 in the UK.

1. Redh3lix

If you can get ON an online match in the EU :( Managed to get on earlier, although haven’t for the last two days!

2. Shaz37k

Not bad for a game on the ps3.

3. blackdreamhunk

Can I ask why do companies have the need to track what gamers are playing?

4. lexph3re

Man the beta is so packed! But, I F’n love that game right now. The single player was so smooth and fun. The multiplayer just gets better and better(when you can play.lol) I love the infiltrator class. I haven’t used it but it had me going nuts when the enemy would come in and kill me. I just started randomly started shooting my team I got so nervous.lol but the proximity mine helps solve that! Its all about the proximity mine!lmao

5. unacomn

Sweet, hey, that reminds me, in Counter-Strike, every person that has ever lived has been retroactively killed twice over.

I’m not a big fan of the “x million killed in game”, mostly because I find it pointless. Now if they had footage of at least one being murdered to death in a most unusual an funny way, that would be better.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ahhh to be in school again and have such time to dedicate to games…

7. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

It would have even more if it didn’t have the connection issues lol can’t wait for the game!

8. PwnedHaxor

Yeah, I loved playing with the Move.. The only thing I didn’t like was to turn.. But it was a lot of fun..

9. Crab of Thunder

Not bad, Black Ops stats would probably flatten that though :). KZ3 was quite good but was i the only one that found the “Brutal Melee” a bit overpowered and frustrating?

10. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

@9 hmmm I think they should have 2 types of melees: “normal” melee (requires to normal melees to kill someone) and the brutal melee (one hit K.O but you risk getting killed while doing the brutal melee since it takes longer to kill someone).

11. Gekidami

Its no different then the one hit melee kills you get in in nearly all FPS’ these days. Atleast you cant chain melee kills at lighting speed like in CoD because sometimes you have to go through the animation.

12. lexph3re

Actually you can counter a brutal melee. I did that a couple. Times off of sheer moment and testing it.lol it was awesome though not like in other fps where you can’t do shit about someone with a knife approaching you*cough* cod*cough* (lol I really coughed)

13. Gekidami

^ Yeah, you can kill the guy as he’s doing it sometimes, it’ll cut to third person, then vut back to first. Though you cant do anything if the animation dosnt happen, and you just die in one hit.

14. lexph3re

Wow, Ihonestly haven’t been this excited about a fps in a long long time

15. Gama_888

i agree about the melee feeling overpowered, it feels kind of like brotherhood when it just cuts to a different view and your dead, or just frantically praying that you pressed the melee button before the other guy, but its still miles better than other fps games,
    cant get online sadly, internet at student housing sucks.
    botzone ftw, elite level :P

16. freedoms_stain

I believe half of these were Pat getting owned when he shot 5 minutes of footage for the site :p

Sorry Pat!