Behind the Scenes video for Knights Contract released

Tuesday, 8th February 2011 17:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

There’s a developer diary posted below for Knight’s Contract, and in it, director Ryo Mito talks about the medieval setting in Germany, and how the story is loosely based on the legend of Dr. Faust.

The action game follows the story of a immortal executioner and the reincarnated witch he eliminated battling Faust’s Homunculus and other witches who aren’t as nice as the reincarnated one.

Knight’s Contract is out February 22 in the US and February 25 in Europe.

There’s also some concept art over on D’toid.

1. Rosseu

I feel I won’t like this game, anyone else feel the same?

2. xino

this game offers nothing new, it’s simply Bayonetta hair attacks+GOW:/

I was thinking of getting this game day one, but I’ll wait for reviews. Game is not worth £40!

3. Michael O’Connor

This looks like one of the most boring and unoriginal games I’ve seen in years.

4. Rosseu

@2 and 3
    my thoughts exactly! When I first saw the game I thought it gameplay was bland and boring.

5. lexph3re

Wow that description really does sound like a clash of bayonetta and gow

6. Manni - inside 360

I like it, but there is no coop gameplay – thats poor!!! Perhaps I will get it for less money, when it is cheaper…

7. Michael O’Connor

@5 Just without any of the grit of the former or the fluidity of the latter.

8. xino

@#6Manni – inside 360
    exactly!
    Who ever pitched this idea to Namco just said they would introduce new way of gameplay with the witch protecting you from death and you must protect her to avoid death. Namco instantly approved.

Namco knew along the way it wouldn’t be be a big hit, reference to lack of advertising for the game!

The game went Gold early Feb and due for release 25th of feb, yet lack of advertising because Namco knew it’s not worth the money, and going against Killzone 3 release date is complete slaughter!

Worst yet the game looks like it only contains single player experience and no other unlockables. Its sad it doesn’t have co-op as I want and wish for every Hack n Slash games to do so; but no dev talk, PR detail or interview discussion about unlockables.

So then again the game is not worth £40!
    it’s going on Game for £32!

9. osric90

Japanese gaming industry is dying… Please do something about this Platinu, Capcom, Sega or the great Konami… You’re dying!!!!