UK charts: Dead Space 2 spends second week up top

Monday, 7th February 2011 09:18 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Dead Space 2 has earned itself a second week at the top of the UK charts, Chart-Track’s announced this morning.

The Visceral horror beat out FIFA 11 and Assassin’s Creed; Brotherhood in the top three. Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops fell to fourth and Media Molecule’s LittleBigPlanet 2 in fifth.

Other than that, it’s all movers and shakers.

The top ten for the week ending February 5 is below. Last week’s data is here.

• 1 – Dead Space 2 (Visceral Games, EA Games)
  • 2 – FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
  • 3 – Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
  • 4 – Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch, Activision)
  • 5 – LittleBigPlanet 2 (Media Molecule, Sony Computer Entertainment)
  • 6 – Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
  • 7 – Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Criterion Games, EA Games)
  • 8 – Art Academy (Nintendo, Nintendo)
  • 9 – The Sims 3 (The Sims Studios, EA)
  • 10 – Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Nintendo)

1. Erthazus

and LBP just in 5…

2. Len

Started playing it last night and it’s bloody brilliant. Made me jump out of my skin about 3 times already…my in-laws think I’m mental!

Fullty deserved, love it… :)

3. Gekidami

I was abit disappointed with it myself. The plot dosnt really come together and the MP is an unbalanced mess.

Overall the game is good but its not as striking as the first one. I cant imagine a third keeping me interested for long if its more of the same.

4. mojo

deserved!
    fucking intense on the harder modes.

5. mojo

geki: one could understand ur post as if u rate the first higher for not having a feature..
    not that i fancy the mp or find it at least remotely interessting..

i love that its more of the same. That was exactly my words after finishing the first one. “gimmi more of this!”

6. itsucks

erzaTWATzus, wrong, littlegay planet 4 gays is in 3rd place, and pieceofshit3 version of dead space 2 is in second, even with moneyhats the inferior version can’t outsell the superior. deal with it.

7. Gekidami

I rate the first one higher for having a plot that makes more sense. As for MP, if you’re going to add a feature do it right, otherwise you just added a whole new negative point to your game. The MP in DS2 is the very example of an MP mode quickly stuck onto a SP game to artificially boost its lasting appeal. They really could have done a better job.

8. OrbitMonkey

@6 I think you need a hug.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

Dead Space 1 was better by far in my opinion. The various chapters always felt different, the story was more compelling and Isaac didn’t talk.

By contrast, Dead Space 2 – while a great game with a few really really fucking rewarding set-pieces – had a few chapters where I no longer felt like an engineer with an objective to try and accomplish, but rather more like an action hero with a gun.

That’s actually not such a bad thing. Isaac talking wasn’t as damaging as I’d imagined, but still, the game became less about discovery and story and more about action shooting.

For me, Dead Space is 10.0/10.
    Dead Space 2 is a solid 9/10.

10. mojo

i didnt say u did, i said “one could unterstand” it that way.
    imo ds is the very last franchise that needed a mp. its so out of place…
    coop would be awesome!

11. mojo

9: play it on harder modes. i started on “fanatic” (german term, dont know what its called in english. the mode before hardcore) and believe me, with an average of 15-20 shots for all ur guns combined in front of 5-6 enemies where every single one of them kann kill u with a single stroke u pretty much guaranteed dont feel like an action hero.

12. Len

I’m only up to chapter 3 so we’ll how it goes. Playing it on Survivalist.

13. Dannybuoy

Well deserved if you ask me. Playing though it now. I have to admit that I’m playing it on casual mode as my game time is so limited (my 7 month old keeps me busy pretty much 25/7) so needed to play though in time to return it before my Lovefilm trial expires. Even on this setting its great fun and scares me to the point I yelp and panic. Very atmospheric. The first time I was lynched by a gang of necrobaby things I was a mess. Shoot me down, but I’m not really that bothered about the story. I’m just in it for the shits and giggles.

14. Johnny Cullen

I got my copy over the weekend, but I’m not playing it yet. Trying Extraction first.

Like it so far.

15. mojo

extraction is also nice, but i did expect it to be a little bit more´of a actual rail shooter. theres barely real railgun action so far. after 2 or 3 enemies they bore u with minutes of story everytime
    Not to say the story is bad, but cmnon its a rail shooter. i actualy want to shoot!
    This feels more like a normal dead space, just on rails..
    but still, its good and is fun. this after 4 chapters. maybe the pace heats up later on.

13. fair enough with the baby

16. back_up

only console version of deadspace sold with PS3 leading and PC gamers pirated it like hell

17. Blerk

Actually the 360 version sold better both weeks, but don’t let that stop you. Do carry on.

18. Len

Lol..

19. McLovin85

I love DS2 and actually think the multiplayer is pretty well balanced. The only problem is the number of maps could be more but considering I bought it just wanting the single player I’m pleasantly surprised with the multiplayer part of the game.

20. back_up

PS3 version sold better than 360

21. Blerk

Ah, VGChartz. Peddling dogshit made-up statistics since the year fucking dot.

22. Blerk

And even if they WERE right, you appear to be having a maths-o-fail. 0.36m > 0.29m last time I checked.

23. back_up

@22:
    i am taking only about European sales in European website

24. Blerk

Which are entirely made up, because European figures are not officially released.

25. daytripper

does every video game website have to have mundane little twats like this guy?

26. Blerk

:-(

27. Blerk

;-)

28. daytripper

flirting? ;-)

29. Isaaclarke37

I want to play Dead Space 2 so bad.

30. coolhero