Killzone 3 gets ten from P:TOM, Meta now at 86

Monday, 7th February 2011 19:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The latest issue of the US version of OPM, PlayStation: The Official Magazine, has given Killzone 3 a ten.

The magazine says that “Killzone 3 takes a blade, jams it into a Helghast’s eye socket, and twists it.”

It comes as the reviews for the Guerrilla shooter appeared last week with mixed scores. Meta for the game is now an 86, five points down from its predecessor Killzone 2.

Killzone 3 launches on February 22 in the US and February 25 in the UK for PS3.

Thanks, US PS Blog.

1. Bleak Harvest

Guaranteed replies in 3, 2, 1…

2. Erthazus

PlayStation: The Official Sony’s butt sex machine.

It’s only 7th february. I’m sure it will be even lower.

3. get2sammyb

Personally I’m really looking forward to it. I know I’m in the minority, but I think the beta is fantastic.

I do wonder if the game’s suffered a teensy bit from shooter fatigue. All the same, 86 is a very respectable Metacritic.

4. Fin

@2 lol u mad bro?

5. spiderLAW

deserves more from what ive seen of it but o well. Looks good to me and the Beta is insanely fantastic.

6. AHA-Lambda

mixed scores??

i’m sorry but you’re doing much for the whole bias of the 7-10 scale here -_-

7. spiderLAW

#4
    that got tired real quick man, jeez.

8. AJacks92

I don’t really rely on reviews. But I’d like to give a game low expectations so as to appreciate it more in case it does suck :P

9. Johnny Cullen

@6 Compared to Killzone 2, it’s mixed.

10. Erthazus

I think it’s a right score for this game.

Clearly first game was recieved by hype, now some reviewers are not BIASED.

It’s good for the Guerilla, Sony and the game. It’s a lesson. I hope someday people will realise that Call OF duty is not a PERFECTION damn it… =\

11. Gekidami

^ What does CoD have to do with it? This isnt Crysis 2.

12. Lord Gremlin

Mixed is when it’s 60-70. As for 86 – I can’t honestly tell how 86 is different from 94 or 83. Perhaps it depends on how many times reviewer farted during campaign?

13. Moonwalker1982

Well, i gave the beta a fair chance today (last time i tried i felt sick, flu and all that) and i realize how great it really is. I find it a VERY good thing that it doesn’t feel like a COD game or anything like that, i also heard alot of complaints about the controls but personally i have no problems with them really.

Really liking the look of it, it looks very crisp and clean and detailed, the sound is great and i dig that map too. I never really played much MP in KZ2, but that’s now gonna change when i get KZ3.

14. ninjanutta

cant see why people are hating on this game,the beta is great,the 3d is the best ive seen in a game so far for ps3 and the move controls are actually pretty goos,basically there is a lot of options to make it look and feel different,not any shooter does that at the moment,the graphics are miles better than any cod game,crysis 2 is still an unknown.this game will be the adult multiplayer of the year,you just wait and see.KZ2 had a great multiplayer following and going by the beta,part 3 is a step up from that.since when has 86 been bad anyway?

15. lexph3re

I don’t see mixed reviews I see a bunch of incomplete reviews of them only rating the single player. But, if the singleplayer is even half as good as the multiplayer then this game is a winner. I dropped out of the fps scene after cod4 and I have to say killzone3 is extremely refreshing. I love the warfare bouts. 6 missions and see who can come out on top. I literally ranked up 8x’s just doing that. And when I unlocked proximity mines the good ole days of fps came spewing back to me.

I for one think killzone3 is a day one buy just from the multiplayer. Unfortunately I won’t be able to buy it because moneys tight now until my sons born. But, controls were slick took a little getting use to but you can change to your preferred button layout.

16. pukem0n

this game will sell like hotcakes

which in PS3 numbers isnt much :>

17. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

A lot of reviews have come up…and what I’ve seen is that independent reviewers are saying the contrary of what this big gaming reviewers say(like IGN, Gamespot, etc) that the story is good and doesn’t suck at all… Anyways I don’t care about reviews since they give COD games 9′s and 10′s so blah… Day 1 buy for me and Helghast Edition! :D so far I love the beta!

18. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

by the way VG247 can’t wait for the edit option lol

19. Erthazus

@Gekidami, i have no clue what you are trying to say.

On the CoD, because meta score for CoD games are overrated.

PS: also Crysis 2 will have a good score ;) because it is going to be a good game. It’s Crytek, so…

20. spiderLAW

2million at best….should sell at least 4 though.

21. Lee Morris

Since when did a metacritic score of 86 show signs of mixed reviews?

22. Bond James Bond

Official magazines fucking suck, it doesn’t matter what system they cover. Everything is great in their eyes. Anyway, the whole KZ franchise is shite and they fucking know it…

Fanboys will say otherwise, but they are just dickless morons and wouldn’t know a good game if it came up and bit them on the arse.

23. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

@22 what’s a good game for you? O.o did you even play the beta?

24. Gekidami

^ Ofcourse he didnt, he’s a PC fanboy. They dont actually play games, they just bitch about them.

25. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

@19 I hope you’re right about Crysis 2 lol… But I disagree about the KZ3 that deserves that score. The game isn’t even out yet so none of us have played the entire game right? So we still can’t judge the game right? :)

26. Bond James Bond

Speak for yourself..

27. Erthazus

@Speak for yourself, ok? Asshole.

28. Bond James Bond

Erthazus, bright as a blackout as usual…

29. Crysis

@28, Gekidami was calling Erth a PC fanboy, & when you responded it confused him, in other words you admitted that you’re a pc fanboy…

30. IL DUCE

First of all, why the hell are the reviews coming out two weeks before the friggin game comes out, that’s incredibly stupid on its own…and of course what would you expect a Playstation mag giving Killzone 3 a 10 and boosting it’s meta, I wouldn’t expect anything less, it’s really not even news it should just be an inherent fact that all Playstation exclusives will get this favoritism from P:TOM…

31. back_up

KZ3 beats KZ2 graphically by huge margin

32. Isaaclarke37

Metacritic reviews are bizarre sometimes, i am going to check the game out when it’s released.

33. Davito163

It’s sad to see VG247 picking data from Metacritic when it’s the most inaccurate in every form. If the points where counted right it would come around to 89. Still below 90.

Read this article. Meta is crap.

34. mojo

vg is picking up on metacritics cause publishers do.
    they set internal goals in the likes of “we plan this to be a 85 metascore”. If the expectations are met, developers get a bonus.

35. Davito163

@IL DUCE
    That’s a common problem with metacritic. They should take away all the console exclusive game sites. I thought Nintendo was the worse but it turned out to be the most accurate comparing with ps3 and x360. But x360 was the worst by a long shot. Look it up at metacritic.