Battlefield 3 gameplay designer Alan Kertz has taken to Twitter to reveal more on the game, saying the way to “kill” Call of Duty is to make a “better shooter”.
Kertz said in the Twitter Q&A session that “you don’t kill CoD by trying to be CoD. You kill CoD by making a better shooter.”
During a Twitter Q&A session, Kertz also said it’s unlikely there’ll be a server browser for console versions of the game, which probably means due to technical reasons this will be cut the number of players from 64 – confirmed for the PC version – to 24, although Kertz wouldn’t confirm or deny these figures.
Kertz also gave some further details such as:
- You’ll be able to lie down on the job
- MoH MP and BC2 used the same weapon and FOV systems… BF3 is an upgraded version
- Destruction is important for DICE, as is visual quality and vehicles.
- Consoles will be able to get the Limited Edition too.
- One of the cities is Tehran.
An image leaked yesterday giving some details on the Limited Edition version of the game, which will release alongside the standard version this fall on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
The first Battlefield 3 teaser trailer hit last week, as did sparse details on locales and multiplayer numbers.
The game will be shown for the first time at GDC in San Francisco at the end of this month.