Saturday is supposed to be a “day off”. Not in the world of relatively minor videogames news, it isn’t.
- Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom is getting a Gold Edition later this month. It features the original RTS plus three DLC packs.
- Ms. Pac-Man’s coming to iPad. The game’s currently available for iPhone at $5. There’s no date or price on the new version yet.
- PSP’s Naruto Shippunden: Kizuna Drive got some new shots and a trailer last night. It’s out in March.
- Fat, Ugly or Slutty is a site that collates anti-woman messages procured through online play. This is both funny and tragic.
- A US parents group has accused EA of violating the “ESRB’s Principles and Guidelines for Responsible Advertising Practices” with its Dead Space 2 “mom” ad.
- An Angry Birds Super Bowl ad is to contain a code that allows access to a “special level” for the game.
- The PS3 version of Castle Crashers is getting a new character this week for $1.99. Proceeds go to a breast cancer charity.
- A new English-language God Eater Burst trailer features some kind of heart gun. Amazing scenes.
- Jane McGonigal, the lady who wants people to save the world by gaming, was recently on the Colbert Report. Watch her spot over on Joystiq.
- Harmonix is releasing eight more Bob Marley tracks for Rock Band 3 next week.
- SOE has released a trailer for it’s F2P MMO, Magic: The Gathering Tactics. Get a load of green mana through the link.
- Tyler Glaiel’s browser-based puzzler Closure has received a visual overhaul to prepare for its retail launch.
- This looking for a neat indie game on XBL may wish to try Corrupted.
- The Druids expansion for King Arthur is now on Steam. You can also get the complete pack for $11.99 which is 70 percent off.
- Alpha testing for Phantasy Star Online 2 kicks off this summer in Japan. Keys will be handed out various ways. Still no word if this is leaving Japan or not.
- BioWare has released clips of the interiors of some of the Star Ships you’ll be flying around in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Watch all over on EvAv.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.