Magicka sold through 150,000 digital units since its January 25 release.
The figure was announced via the game’s official Twitter account.
It’s publisher, Paradox, announced the day after Magicka was released it had sold 30,000 copies in less than 24-hours.
Arrowhead games, as promised, is also releasing patches for the game left and right. Not content with the one released earlier in the week, another one is now available on Steam.
- Network traffic optimizations.
- Books of magicks no longer fall through level.
- Cutscene skip bug in chapter 1 fixed.
- Player item desync on network clients fixed. (This will solve many different issues.)
- Fixed crash on clients when exploding objects.
- Fixed Thunderstorm distribution.
- Fixed chapter 3 bossfight initialization on clients.
- Fixed Random Teleport distribution.
- Orc Berserkers’ hit tolerance have been increased.
- Swampthings’ strangle speed and damage have been increased.
- Mouse is now locked inside the window when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Network uplink bandwidth, while improved, can be demanding
- Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
- Quitting the game while the credits are rolling will not award a game complete
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.