SOE to offer 25 percent off 3-month sub plans for DCUO on February 8

Friday, 4th February 2011 16:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Wes Yanagi, senior producer at Sony Online Entertainment Austin, has announced over on the US PS Blog, that the firm plans to offer a new lock-in rate for DC Universe Online.

Called the DC Universe Online Legendary Plan, the price point allows users to lock in a rate of $29.99 for three-months of service which is 25 percent off the regular three-month sub price of $41.99.

As long as you maintain an active subscription to the game, you will keep the rate forever.

The promotion goes into effect on February 8.

1. OlderGamer

RIFT is doing the samething at nearly the same date and time. Coincedence?

TBH, 10/month is a pretty sweat spot to have your subs at. Now I just gotta figure out what one I wanna play.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I’m playing the Rift beta this weekend, and it’s likely the one I will pick as next my MMO – depending – as I am more fantasy oriented than superhero, which I blame on Geoffrey of Monmouth, Tennyson and Tolkien.

Plus, I prefer Marvel heroes over DC. No offense to Batman or anything, but you all are well aware I am a X-Men fangirl. I don’t have to tell you that. :)

3. MushroomStamp

Steph, you just keep getting better and better :)

4. Phoenixblight

I have been playing the Rift beta and its just a complete reskin of WOW down to the chat system and the Rift system is just a better version of Warhammer’s public quest.

If I wanted to play a reskin of WOW, I would just play WOW.

5. SimonMason

i wouldnt call it a reskin of wow. Come on man, this game has super babes while wow has fantasy babes :D

6. Phoenixblight

It is a reskin granted the graphics are updated but everything about the game besides the “story” reeks of WOW.