When is a patch not a patch? When it’s on a console, apparently, and becomes a mandatory title update. Rock Band 3 is due for a doozy, increasing your options for triggering overdrive on various instruments, fixing the PS3 keyboards distortion, and adding support for the ill-fated, smoke-machine sporting stage kit.
According to the Rock Band forums, the update is already up on Xbox Live, and should hit the US and EU PlayStation Networks within a day.
See the full patch notes below.
– The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
– For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
– Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
– Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
– The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
– Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.
– PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
– Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
– To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.
MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
– Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
– Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
– The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
– Anvil – 666
– Anvil – Metal on Metal
– Anvil – This is Thirteen
– Dinosaur Jr – Pick Me Up
– Dinosaur Jr – The Wagon
– Guess Who, The – Hand Me Down World
– Guess Who, The – No Time
– Tenacious D – Rock Your Socks
– Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife
PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
– An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
– Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.
– Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
– Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.