New Resistance 3 and All 4 One trailers out now

Tuesday, 1st February 2011 14:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Insomniac has released two new gameplay reels for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and Resistance 3 following a Sony event held today in London.

Resistance 3

Developed by Insomniac.

Set four years after Resistance 2.

Out this September.

Exclusive to PS3.

Sony studios have been showing off games to journalists at the PlayStation Experience event in the UK today.

“We’ve spent today in London demoing our two upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusives, Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, to members of the press. This marks the first time anyone outside Insomniac has played both games. In addition, we’re showing new levels and content,” said Insomniac’s James Stevenson, speaking on the EU PS Blog.

The studio teased a gif of the Resistance 3 footage earlier via via Twitter. Here’s the new trailer:

The Resistance 3 demo takes place in Haven, Oklahoma. Protagonist Joseph Capelli is shown defending the town of Haven against Chimeran forces.

The fighters are trying to buy enough time to evacuate the town, as a Chimeran terraformer is closing on the city and threatens to wipe it off the map.

A new Chimeran, the Brawler, is shown at the end of the footage.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One in action.

Resistance 3 was announced at gamescom in Germany last year with a live-action teaser trailer.

Insomniac later released a further trailer leaving off from the end of the gamescom footage, which mixed in more live action and gameplay: you can watch that below.

The initial cut of the second trailer was released at the VGAs in December.

The All 4 One footage shows Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Dr Nefarious crossing Seaside Village on Planet Magnus using weapons such as the Combuster, the Warmonger the storm-cloud generating Thundersmack to do the business.

Resistance 3 releases next September for PS3, and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is slated for fall.

1. justiceblob

Can’t wait for this. resistance has been great so far, and the multiplayer is just brilliant everytime.

2. Moonwalker1982

I was really dissapointed with R2 to be honest, so i am not getting my hopes up.

3. kinny999

That video is a bit dank. Huge fan of the Resistance games but that’s not really got me too excited?

4. Gekidami

5. Gekidami

Fucking lack of edit!

There another gif:

6. Gekidami

Trailers up:

7. Patrick Garratt

They’re in. I’ll tidy the page up in a second.

8. Shifty

Good but not really a high quality fps really.

9. Tallon 4

pissfilter confirmed.

Nothing new imo.

10. Gekidami

Some new Infamous 2 stuff as well:

11. Patrick Garratt

Got that up, yep.

12. spiderLAW

Shut the hell up you Halo Fanbitch. “Not a high quality FPS”….what are you, 10?
    How would you define quality? Simplistic gunplay mechanics with little to no depth and immersion? As long as there is a man with armor and a helmet, its a great game? Out dated physics, graphics, and elementary level story telling?

13. Moonwalker1982

Wow dude, chill out? How do you even know he likes Halo? Is all that very childish namecalling nessecary?

14. Moonwalker1982

No more edit button on VG247?

I watched the trailer of R3 and while the cutscenes look nice , and the creatures too. I don’t like the gameplay parts at all. It reminds me of R2 and i said it before, i simply didn’t like it at all.

15. xInFeRnO

Resistance 2 was awful in my opinion. I bummed the original like their was no tomorrow but the 2nd one…just couldnt get to grips at all.

16. spiderLAW

Moon….All that name calling??? All that??? cuz i called him a Halo Fanbitch…and yes i know he likes Halo. Check the other thread where he talks about Halo as it is the GOD KING of FPS and is comparable to the movie Inception in terms of cinematic quality.

Dont try to be diplomatic dude. Doesnt work here. You Michael Jackson fanbitch! lol.

17. spiderLAW

@ xinFeRnO
    I agree. I didnt like the 2nd one at all. I liked the first one, thought it was a decent game. I didnt think it was amazing like a lot of the reviews and fanboys were calling it but i thought it was a good play. The 2nd game…yuck.

18. onlineatron

Wasn’t sure R3 could look anymore like Half Life 2, but that spire in the background proved me wrong! :P

The Ratchet game loos gorgeous, that will definitely be a crimbo day play for me and my brothers.

19. lexph3re

Resistance tends to be backwards for me. The first one I loved the single player campaign the second one I loved the co-op but not liking the single player to much. I hope the 3rd brings the right balance to me where I love both

20. xInFeRnO

@spiderLAW lmao “The 2nd game…yuck.” That’s pretty much exactly how i’d describe it

21. Shifty

Looks Crap to be honest anyway back to Crysis 2 demo lol.

22. spiderLAW

So we have just clarified that you are indeed an Xbox fan.

23. Johnny Cullen

I am. *SO. GAY* for Resistance 3 right now, honestly.

24. Moonwalker1982

Again SpiderLAW, why the namecalling? Calling someone a fanbitch is an insult, it’s also stupid as hell and immature. I’m sorry you don’t see it like that. But it’s also clear to me there’s no use trying to argue with you.

25. spiderLAW

Lighten up a bit man. I was fooling around. Damn, you take things way too seriously. If it hurt you that much man, i apologize and say that i am sorry….sheesh.

26. Dralen

That looks beautiful! I Hated the first resistance game, didn’t even complete it in the end. But this…WOW, I really want this.