Arrowhead Games Studio has released a patch for Magicka over on Steam.
Riddled with issues at launch, the studio along with its publisher, Paradox, promised round the clock fixes were being hammered out, and today’s patch looks to be no exception.
Here’s the list of issues nipped, with the word “fixed” mentioned quite frequently:
- Fixed save games disappearing when disconnecting from online game. (For real this time)
- Fixed crash for alternative character models appearing in cutscenes. (Chapter 7, Chapter 12).
- Fixed crash caused by conjuring large quantities of elements.
- Fixed crash due to beams merging.
- Fixed crash where Chapter 11 boss collided with shield.
- Fixed crash where Clients and servers would send old messages when reconnecting.
- Fixed high-end machine jitter.
- Improved network batching. (should result in serious network performance increase).
- Improved startup routine to prevent threading problems.
- Improved authentification on connect. (should result in fewer auth-failed)
- Fixed a missing file that resulted in french text not appearing correctly.
- Fixed immovable objects jittering.
- Fixed issue where characters would get stuck during cutscenes.
- Fixed issue where scripted player movement would remain after a cutscene.
- Fixed missing boss titles.
- Steam join through overlay fixed.
- Fixed Chapter 1 collision. (behind door)
- Fixed Chapter 3 collision. (you can now fall down the well)
- Fixed Chapter 7 cutscene lockups and other issues.
- Fixed Chapter 8 cutscene lockup.
- Fixed Chapter 8 navigation fixed.
- Fixed Chapter 9 cutscene lockups.
- Fixed Chapter 11 teleport issue.
- Fixed Chapter 12 cutscene lockup.
- Conflagration is now properly synced over network.
- Chapter 3 now has proper pirates by the picnic.
- Chapter 8 now has manual exit at the end of level.
- Fire Damage increased from 40 to 60.
- Spawned summons now capped at 16 per player.
- Goblin Pirate damage reduced from 155 to 72.
- Added server list filter option for “Password”.
- Removed obsolete port option of game hosting (always hosted on 27016 anyways).
- Server list sorting added (click the header).
Magicka was released last week.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.