Large list of Magicka issues fixed in latest patch

Tuesday, 1st February 2011 20:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Arrowhead Games Studio has released a patch for Magicka over on Steam.

Riddled with issues at launch, the studio along with its publisher, Paradox, promised round the clock fixes were being hammered out, and today’s patch looks to be no exception.

Here’s the list of issues nipped, with the word “fixed” mentioned quite frequently:

Fixes

• Fixed save games disappearing when disconnecting from online game. (For real this time)
  • Fixed crash for alternative character models appearing in cutscenes. (Chapter 7, Chapter 12).
  • Fixed crash caused by conjuring large quantities of elements.
  • Fixed crash due to beams merging.
  • Fixed crash where Chapter 11 boss collided with shield.
  • Fixed crash where Clients and servers would send old messages when reconnecting.
  • Fixed high-end machine jitter.
  • Improved network batching. (should result in serious network performance increase).
  • Improved startup routine to prevent threading problems.
  • Improved authentification on connect. (should result in fewer auth-failed)
  • Fixed a missing file that resulted in french text not appearing correctly.
  • Fixed immovable objects jittering.
  • Fixed issue where characters would get stuck during cutscenes.
  • Fixed issue where scripted player movement would remain after a cutscene.
  • Fixed missing boss titles.
  • Steam join through overlay fixed.
  • Fixed Chapter 1 collision. (behind door)
  • Fixed Chapter 3 collision. (you can now fall down the well)
  • Fixed Chapter 7 cutscene lockups and other issues.
  • Fixed Chapter 8 cutscene lockup.
  • Fixed Chapter 8 navigation fixed.
  • Fixed Chapter 9 cutscene lockups.
  • Fixed Chapter 11 teleport issue.
  • Fixed Chapter 12 cutscene lockup.
  • Conflagration is now properly synced over network.

Features/Balance

• Chapter 3 now has proper pirates by the picnic.
  • Chapter 8 now has manual exit at the end of level.
  • Fire Damage increased from 40 to 60.
  • Spawned summons now capped at 16 per player.
  • Goblin Pirate damage reduced from 155 to 72.
  • Added server list filter option for “Password”.
  • Removed obsolete port option of game hosting (always hosted on 27016 anyways).
  • Server list sorting added (click the header).

Magicka was released last week.

1. Hellequin

Nice! I didnt buy yet because those bugs.

VG247, good layout, finally i changed my password. Very Good :)

2. Suikoden Fan

Paradox though they make great games they are at the forefront of the release first patch later brigade

3. Erthazus

“Fixed high-end machine jitter.”

BALLS! At last they fixed that absolutely STUPID bug… What they were thinking when they created something awesome like Magicka full of stupid bugs.

4. DSB

Geeze that’s a lot of bugs.

I reckon I’ll wait a few more patches.

5. Heinekeno

I would rather wait for Dragon Age 2.

6. Erthazus

@DSB, i think they are done with patches… It’s playable now.

7. Lord Gremlin

It’s still fairly broken, but one can see huge improvements over release version.

8. DSB

@Erth I guess I might as well buy it, but I’m going to make it a rule that once a Paradox game reaches version 1.6 it’s juuuust about ready :P

9. Hybridpsycho

They needed the money? It’s a tough market afterall.

10. nick9015

Hello. I wonder, is there anyone who has this problem as well? When me and my friend are playing Magicka, all of a sudden my friend’s game just crashes, his screen goes black. he cannot do anything about it but he can still hear me talking (we use skype) but that’s it. He has to shut everything down and then turn his computer on again. He can play for like a couple of minutes, then it all goes black. He tried running the game in windowed mode but that did not really solve anything, he came back in to the game but could not move on. (The creatures i had killed were still standing there for him and he could not follow me to “the next screen”.

If there is anyone who has the same problem, and perhaps if you know what to do, please tell me if you have time and feel like it.