Rumour: NGP battery life at 4-5 hours

Thursday, 27th January 2011 09:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ngp 5

Eurogamer’s reporting that NGP’s battery life will be within the region of four to five hours.

No battery specifics were announced at this morning’s PlayStation Meeting, where the next-gen PSP successor was announced in Tokyo.

Tech specs were revealed after the event finished. It will feature sixaxis support, front and rear touchpads, 5-inch OLED screen, 3G, WiFI, two analogue sticks and more.

The device will release this holiday season in Japan at least.

1. xino

4-5 hours:/

3DS is 3-5.
    i might as well use the 3DS.

2. Erthazus

=\

3. Blerk

Seems like they need to stop inventing consoles and start putting some R&D into batteries.

4. frostquake

No surprise there…New Devices are always Hell on Battery Life. Believe me there is new Technology out there for longer Battery Life, Tons of Articles about it are always in my PopSci Mag…But it is just like Oil..won’t do anything till they have to!

5. Dannybuoy

If that’s true, 4-5 hours isn’t too shabby.

6. Whizzo

Presumably it’ll be one you can replace like that of the original PSP, sealed units piss me off.

7. Michael O’Connor

Battery life is practically a non-issue nowadays anyway since everything comes with a charger.

Remember when you had to buy new batteries for your GameBoy every time they ran out?

8. Deacon

Just buy a couple of extra ones for those long train journeys.

We all knew it’d be a hungry little hippo..

9. frostquake

@O’Connor

I am too young to remember that..I was too busy playing my New Atari 2600 and ColecoVision…oh and the Commodore 64 was my first “Gaming Device” XP

10. Crysis

The OLED screen would play a large factor, it’ll use like 40% the power of an LCD in a dark setting, about 60-80% in a regular setting but up to 3 times more with a pure white background.