Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix knocked Monster Hunter Portable 3rd from its cushy number one spot on the Japanese software charts, moving over 77,000 units during its debut.
Still, Monster Hunter moved 43,196 and lifetime units to date now stand at 4,094,939.
The other heavy hitter on the chart, Pokemon Black and White, fell to eighth with 12,115 units moved, with life to date sales standing at 5,039,984 – a figure Monster Hunter is catching up with extremely fast. Pokemon was released on Spetember 18 in Japan, while Capcom’s offering has only been out since December 1.
Despite the debut of the International version of Kingdom Hearts, the week was rather slow for software sales and only three other debuts landed in the top 20: Kaiju Busters Powered (DS), Venus & Braves (PSP), and Love Zombie (DS).
Here’s Media Create’s full top 20 for January 17 though January 23. Last week’s chart can be found here:
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PSP): 77,317
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP): 43,196
- Donkey Kong Returns (Wii): 20,411
- Kaiju Busters Powered (DS): 17,989
- AKB1/48 (PSP): 12,765
- Ni no Kuni (DS): 12,608
- Inazuma Eleven 3 (DS): 12,386
- Pokemon Black & White (DS): 12,115
- Wii Party (Wii): 10,625
- Venus & Braves (PSP): 10,563
- Another Century’s Episode Portable (PSP): 9,071
- Momotaro Dentetsu 2010 Everyone’s Recommendation Selection (Wii): 8,925
- Magician’s Quest: The Merchant’s Store of Sorcery ( DS): 7,495
- Mario Sports Mix (Wii): 7,238
- Wii Sports Resort Wiimote Plus Pack (Wii): 6,987
- Winning Eleven 2011 (Pro Evo 11) (PSP): 6,904
- Taiko Drum Master Wii 3 (Wii): 6,484
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii): 6,273
- Love Zombie (DS): 6,187
- Travel in English: Little Charo (DS): 6,076