Infinity Ward looking to fix PS3 MW2 security problems “as quick as possible”

Tuesday, 25th January 2011 10:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mw2

Infinity Ward comms boss Rob Bowling has provided an update to the security problems facing the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2.

Bowling said on the IW forums that the developer is looking to fix the problems currently facing the shooter “as quick as possible”.

“I just left a security meeting with the coders here at Infinity Ward where we discussed a lot of solutions. I feel good about the meeting, but of course I can’t go into detail on the possible solutions we discussed as we don’t want to give out any information that could potentially hinder the security any further,” he said.

“The key factor I want you to know is, that while any update takes time, we are looking to make the process as quick as possible and nothing is being left unattended.

“Our main focus right now is on:

1) Preventing hackers from affecting legitimate players.
2) Addressing users who have already been affected.”

Bowling had previously said in a post that Infinity Ward is not going to solely reply on the security of the platform holders, following news that PS3 had been hacked earlier this month.

1. EscoBlades

Cue another rush of people signing up to the forums to rant.

Thanks JC :D *picks up mod tools*

2. Gekidami

Oh? What happened to: “Its Sonys problem, not ours”?

3. EscoBlades

Read the original post. Carefully.

4. theevilaires

What about cod4 too

5. spiderLAW

Yes…this has become a fucking problem.
    Heres my story.
    I played some black ops and the game is total shit so i got fed up and through in MW2 for some real fun.
    I started getting into the groove after the first round of Team Deathmatch….The next round within the first 1 minute i was at 32 kills and 3 deaths and all of a sudden this MOD screen appears and it says “Selecting Admin” “Admin Authority something something” then the game starts back up. then, everytime i would reload nothing would happen, when i would shoot my gun would freeze and id get killed. WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT!!!!!!

6. russdude13

Wow, I didn’t think they still cared