Argos selling Mass Effect 2 for £7.99, Gamestop drops to €6

Sunday, 23rd January 2011 18:33 GMT By Patrick Garratt

masseffect29

In what has to be the bargains of the century, UK retailer Argos is stocking the 360 version of Mass Effect 2 for the ridiculous price of £8, while Gamestop.ie (via Savygamer) has dropped its knickers as far as €6.

The Argos offer has been reduced from an original price of £20.

It doesn’t say how much stock either outlet has available, so if you haven’t had a crack at the BioWare classic yet, you’d best get in quick.

Mass Effect 2 has just released on PlayStation 3, complete with DLC.

Mass Effect 3 is slated to release on all formats later this year.

1. Psychotext

It’s amazing just how cheap you can get these things if you’re willing to wait.

2. Johnny Cullen

BUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUY.

3. Patrick Garratt

Updated.

4. Moonwalker1982

I finished the Shadow Broker DLC on my 360 today, my god this was epic!!!! The Kasumi DLC was fun but nothing incredibly special. Overlord was great and Shadow Broker fantastic.

Can’t wait for ME3. Now on my second ME1 playthrough, and right after that, i’ll begin my second pt of ME2.

5. OrbitMonkey

Patience is a virtue etc, etc.

6. Mike

You should play it, Pat.

7. Dralen

I also played through the Shadow Broker DLC recently, and I was totally blown away by how good it is. It’s actually probably the best mission in the game!

8. Razor

nm then :)

9. Moonwalker1982

Exactly…it probably indeed is.

It was worth the full price too, one awesome game. And the two last DLCs are very worth the money. I bought them for 200 pts each, Overlord would have been worth 560pts and SHadow Broker ,800 pts all the same.

10. Joe Anderson

Pretty good.

11. Psychotext

“It was worth the full price too”

I have the steelbook version, bought launch day… but I’m starting to think it’s time to put my old man patience into gear and just buy stuff I want when it gets a tasty price drop.

I recall the signature edition of GT5 and the cat helmet edition of Halo as examples. Pretty expensive initially, before eventually getting massive price drop.s

12. Patrick Garratt

I’ve got the PS3 version here. Might stick if on, actually.

13. Moonwalker1982

@ 11

Well, i got the CE too, but for the same price as the normal version. That doesn’t happen often, so that was a great deal. Most of the time i don’t care for CE’s though.

14. YoungZer0

In other news:

Mass Effect 2 only sold 8,864 units in Japan, while Games like Dream C Club manage 50,000-100,000+

15. pukem0n

well, JRPGs sell like that in the west and in japan they sell like hotcakes

16. YoungZer0

Dream C Club is not a JRPG. And JRPG’s still sell a whole lot better in the US than US Games in Japan.

17. Blerk

Blimey, I thought I’d done well getting it for £12!

18. loki

LOL and who need PS3 port for 35£. Fail.

19. Dralen

@18 Well you do get the three pieces of DLC included in that price, and since the DLC are worth a minimum of £5 a pop (Shadow Broker DLC costs a little more). And also the updates to the graphics using the Mass Effect 3 engine makes it well worth the price.