New Brink gameplay video is heavy on guns, still on for spring

Thursday, 20th January 2011 15:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

brink8

Bethesda’s released a new gameplay video of Brink. Get it after the break.

The video is a gun-based gameplay video of the Splash Damage shooter, which is one of our most wanted games of this year. It also has weapon customisation footage.

Keza got to see it at gamescom last year. See what she thought here.

The video contains no date at the end, but Bethesda’s told VG247 the shooter is, indeed, still releasing this spring, as previously confirmed last summer at E3.

It’ll release for PS3, 360 and PC. Video’s below.

1. theevilaires

Ahh There you are Brink, now come out for good please.

2. Johnny Cullen

3. NeoSquall

HD video plox?

(really, I can’t find it on the tube or on gamespress)

4. EscoBlades

Nice one JC. Thanks.

5. NeoSquall

nvm, found it

6. mingtons ghost

oh baby oh baby oh baby please let it be a game changer

7. LOLshock94

video quality is shit

8. Moonwalker1982

@ 6

I don’t think it will be a game changer. It really looks like another shooter, which it is..with some new features. I don’t know why, but i liked the previous videos much more. I just hope they didn’t take things out to make it more ‘generic’ or whatever.

9. guapo

Really looking forward to this one. I hope it’s not a disappointment. Now we just need a console comparison.

10. OrbitMonkey

Lovely. Colourful too, which makes a change :)

11. DSB

@8 I’d recommend you check out earlier Splash Damage games, then.

What they do is introduce depth to the standard online FPS concept. This is something that most other series are scrambling to try and do at the moment, but I haven’t seen anyone try to add the ammount of details and polish to it that Splash Damage are promising.

We’re talking massive weapons customization, massive player customization, dynamic movement, class based objectives, and squad based objectives with a campaign based “levelling” system, by the looks of it.

I just hope the gameplay is tight and competitive, without any of the mindless ideas that are being introduced to other series.

12. Moonwalker1982

@ 11

Yep, that’s true. And all of that is what i’ve seen in the previous movies and two years ago at GC in Germany, long gameplay demonstration. I just hope all of that is still in there. I wonder when its coming out .

13. NeoSquall

If you want a better quality, check the Official Site.

14. polygem

i have huge expectations for this one. that´s almost always a bad thing because most of the time you´ll end up being dissapointed. i check vg247 almost every day. but i don´t play games so much these days anymore. there ain´t many on my radar this year – it´s this one and rage….and….?. there are awesome games coming out but i feel like i have played them all before so many times. still i am looking for the one game that keeps me hooked for a long time, that i want to play regulary and still enjoy it. i am in love with fps. this one wont reinvent the wheel or something but it looks like the essence of many cool fps games was putted into one. the artwork here is awesome. it´s how a game should look like. it´s kind of realistic but also a little cartoony, nice, clean, crisp, bold design – colourfull. the customization options look great. the gameplay videos showed earlier were extremely promising. i can´t believe it will be out soon so we can find out if it´s really good. can´t wait.