Gears of War Triple Pack landing February 15

Tuesday, 18th January 2011 15:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gearsofwar2a10

Microsoft and Epic announced today the rumored Gears of War Triple Pack.

It contains the first two games and as well as the All Fronts Pack for Gears 2 and the single-player DCL Road to Ruin.

Map Pack 1 and Hidden Fronts will not be on the disc, but will be made available on XBL for no cost.

Expect it to hit the US on February 15, we’re looking for the EU date now. Meanwhile, enjoy the screens released with the announcement and the European pack shots, which looks to be the same as the US as well.

1. Blerk

More man-action than any pack ever before! Specially packaged with the musky scent of sweat and testosterone. And a tube of lube.

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

“Triple Pack” is a bit misleading with two games, yes?

LOVE the Gears series (in fact my favorite excusive on the 360), but this seems a bit desperate…

3. Blerk

No doubt they’re only doing this because of the Gears 3 delay.

4. itsucks

@Dr.Ghettoblaster: Halo had a Triple Pack that only had 2 games in it so… nothing new to the folks that ARE actually buying it.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

^Just stupid marketing if you ask me. I already own all the original material anyway – no need to buy.

**Now if they were SMART they would have included a Gears 3 demo, THEN I’d be forced to buy it.**

6. Razor

Triple pack for two games?

How do they get away with that?

7. StolenGlory

MS did a similar thing in the Xbox 1 days with the Halo “Triple Pack” too if IIRC, which was just Halo 1, Halo 2 and the Multiplayer Map Pack.

8. frostquake

@ Stephany

What is DCL?? ;)

9. No_PUDding

If it were only double, who knows if it’d be manly enough? I personally doubt it.

If there an option for double and triple cheese, on a pizza menu, what does a MAN go for? There’s your answer. Problem solved.

10. frostquake

I will Assume that pricing will be $39.99 US..hopefully not $59.99 US…probably will be though. :(

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

$29.99 US

“The Gears Triple Pack will hit retail on February 15 for $29.99. Epic points out that the price nabs you 38 maps, 61 campaign chapters, and a chance to secure 3,000 Gamerscore.”

SOURCE:

12. Hunam

That’s actually good value if you are new to the Xbox. I might sell my SE’s and just grab that as I never bought any of the DLC.

13. TraceableX

Does this one have additional missions like the PC version of the first game?

14. Dr.Ghettoblaster

^, I don’t know but it’s certainly got all the dlc.