Black Ops First Strike DLC gets trailer premiere

Monday, 17th January 2011 18:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

firststrike

Treyarch’s released the first info video for First Strike, Black Ops’ first DLC pack. Get it after the break.

The pack will offer five new maps – Berlin, Stadium, Discovery, Kowloon and zombie map Ascension – and cost 1,200 MSP.

It launches on February 1.

There’s a ton of information in there, detailing pros and cons of each of the maps, tips, tricks and other stuff.

Looks good. See for yourself. Remember its a 360 exclusive for the time being.

1. Gekidami

They look pretty good, honestly.

2. Razor

What is the point of timed DLC?

Seriously.

3. Erthazus

Interactivity in maps is always a good thing.

Maps like maps… someone expect bad maps for bucks?

@2 Loyalty.

4. Moonwalker1982

They forgot to show the Zombie map.

5. G1GAHURTZ

Sold!

6. Dralen

1200 points *sigh*

7. Moonwalker1982

Wasn’t the MW2 map pack only 4 maps? So they at least give a fifth map for that price now.

8. Dralen

I think it was five, but 2 of them were old Modern Warfare Maps. But to be honest, i’m not certain, as I never bought them.

9. FearNo1

Wait for GOTY version and get the $DLC for free.

10. Gekidami

Yeah, the MW2 packs added 5 maps each and they both had 2 from CoD4.

11. Hunam

There wasn’t a GOTY MW2 so I doubt they’d be a GOTY Black Ops, could happen I guess.

12. OrbitMonkey

The best thing about having this for the ps3, Is that me & 4 mates share a account. So I’ll be getting a 75% discount :D

13. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

gamesharing all the way! well maybe I won’t even waste time downloading them ’cause I’ll be busy playing Killzone 3 ^-^

14. Lazerate

@13 same killzone 3 ^_^ can’t wait.

15. DSB

I’m actually not enjoying Black Ops very much so far. The weapons feel (and look) sloppier, and the maps are basically just random jagged edges full of corners for folks to comfortably squat, with all the unfortunate spawn kills that leads to. Not to mention all the gamebreaking bugs in the PC version I’m stuck with. I’d like to be able to play for more than an hour without a crash.

Then there’s the serverbrowser full of people running the same ONE map (because apparently it gives more XP that way!) or instating retarded rules, quite predictably.

I’m gonna keep trying to get into it, but I think I’ll pass on this one and play some MW2 instead. I’d say Treyarch are still very much the little brother.

16. reask

@dsb
    I would agree there are some issues on line compared to MW2 but I find some of the new gameplay types quite innovative.
    Wager matches been my favourite.
    Very little camping I find so far and I suck btw. :)

Sharpshooter is a ball as u just dont know what weapon next but it seems to level out the playing field.

Overall I find the weapons more challenging than 2 as the kick on guns seem more realistic.

Just my opinion and nothing else btw.
    I am not the greatest mp player so would not pretend I am correct on this.

17. Yoshi

@15 That isn’t the game, that’s your rig. I also have the pc version and I can play fine. Of course people will have one map only servers but there are plenty of other servers with the full selection. One thing I will say that’s annoying is you can’t stop the server browser from refreshing after you click refresh, you have to wait but that’s only a small personal thing.

Seriously upgrade or fix your rig, grow some balls and stop talking shit *thumbs up*

18. Callum

lol Yoshi, you fan boy!

19. DSB

@16 I don’t really mind camping. Unless you play predictably, you can usually counter it. The problem in Black Ops is that there’s an overflow of spots to look out for, often on smaller maps, and the fact that they’re all over the place means that if X number of players camp out X number of spots, then Y number of players are going to get killed upon spawning, because of the saturation. It’s not a constant thing, it just happens too often.

I felt that the map design in MW2 kept the game dynamic while still letting you play the map tactically.

I definitely like the upgraded game modes, and I love the whole concept of the game, including the selection of exotic weapons (even though the models are pretty bad) I just think the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

@17 My PC is both overpowered and perfectly maintained. A quick search on google confirms the fact that thousands of people are still having these sorts of issues, and Treyarch have confirmed as much, so maybe you shouldn’t be such a defensive cunty little fanslut before doing your homework, eh?

I’m glad to hear that Treyarch accomodated your PC, you’re certainly a lucky cunt. They fucked it up for mine and plenty of others.

20. M2Kx

Looks good. I didn’t buy the MW2 map packs, but I’m going to pick up these.

21. combat101

This does seem nice, too bad I traded it in to get Mass Effect 2 for PS3! I’m so excited!

22. MegaGeek1

wheres the zombies?

23. polygem

I will get it. Im addicted. Love it. Play it even more than i played cod4. Got bored with mw2 really really fast. Even w@w was much better imo. Blackops mp is the most fun cod mp this far for my taste…or at least just as good as 4…with some matchmaking issues though i have to agree. Still theres something that keeps me hooked more than any other cod mp yet…

24. Yoshi

I’m no fanboy. I just get annoyed with people who bumrape IW.

25. M2Kx

@23: nothing more to add there :)

(Maybe the crazy singleplayer campaign though :P)