Svensson: I’ll “continue to push” for Street Fighter IV on PC

Sunday, 16th January 2011 17:28 GMT By Joe Anderson

ssfiv3d

Capcom’s US biz dev boss, Christian Svensson, has said he will continue to push for a PC version of Super Street Fighter IV.

Speaking during an “Ask Capcom” video Q&A, Svensson said, “I think the guys that read [Capcom-Unity forum thread] ‘Ask Capcom’ frequently know that I am a die-hard, die-hard PC gamer and I’ve continued to push for the existence of a Street Fighter IV PC.

“I’ve always said the answer is ‘no’ until it becomes ‘yes,’ and let’s just say I’ve not given up pushing, and maybe at some point in the future we could change that question to, ‘Why did it take so long,’ instead of ‘Why is there no…’.

“Unfortunately, we can’t do that yet, but I’m still cautiously optimistic.”

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono stated last September that the game was skipping PC due to piracy.

1. Rosseu

don’t worry, pirates wont care

2. TheWulf

The 360 pirates certainly won’t care when Super Street Fighter IV is released for the 360.

I didn’t buy the original Street Fighter IV, but only because that franchise never interested me. I’ve always been much more interested in Capcom’s sillier fighting games – like DarkStalkers and Marvel vs Capcom. If they decide to release MvsC 3 for the PC, then they’ll have an instant sale. That Okami is in it is just a bonus.

I think that this might be true though for many PC gamers. See TF2/most MMORPGs. Annnnd… I’ve heard that SF IV was a fairly horrendous port that was that poorly optimised that it could occasionally cripple a very nice Crysis-capable quad core computer. That might also have had something to do with poor sales, you know?

Hey, Capcom? Have some marketing tips, pro bono…

1. Know your demographic. PC gamers aren’t really so into the more hardcore fighting games, these days. It’s perhaps true that they never were. But the more casual, silly MvsC 3 could definitely have a PC audience.

2. If you want something to sell, ensure that your game will run on more than the computers that make up two per cent of your customers. The benchmark was a bit of an embarrassment, yeah?

3. ShiroGamer

thats refering to SUPER streer fighter iv
    NOT street fighter iv
    street fighter iv is already out on pc

4. SunKing

Yeah, I’ve got SFIV sitting on Steam right now. No take backs, Capcom!

5. Grimrita

Thanks capcom, but you can keep your shoddy ports

6. loki