New video shows mother’s disgust at Dead Space 2

Sunday, 16th January 2011 14:52 GMT By Joe Anderson

deadspace2mom

EA’s released a new video for Dead Space 2, showing a bunch of angry mothers reacting to scenes from the game.

In the video we see every mother on view wincing at the action on show, while a voiceover at the end agreeing with just how disgusting this game is.

EA has also created a new website entitled, “Your mom hates this,” just in case there was any doubt.

Dead Space 2 is out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 January 25 in the US and January 28 in Europe.

Thanks, Destructiod.

1. Uncontested

Simply brilliant. LOL

2. albo88

why do British look like tranny when they get old eww

3. dr_lovejoy

I just signed up to say @albo88 ‘What the hell you on about?’ None of them are British, the only tranny here is obviously you (at the weekends no doubt). What an idiot, I would also say typical dumb American response but alas I’m not like you.

4. Phoenixblight

Haha! Visceral and their shock factor like what they did with Dante’s Infernal. Yeah this not your family game.

I played the Demo and I really can’t wait 9 more days until this game is released.

5. DiodeX

@2 British!!, you bloody fool!
    Is your nan/mummy hot then ;)

Awesome way to promote a game though!!

6. Psychotext

I’m going to disagree with almost everyone here and call this out as the same sort of garbage we saw in the early 90s. This sort of marketing pretty much just appeals to young teenage boys, who shouldn’t be playing the game (technically) anyway.

Some of the reactions are certainly amusing… but the whole thing as a marketing concept? Just embarrassing.

7. Phoenixblight

I agree wholeheartedly. I don’t go see a movie or play a game because it has the most nudity or gore, not anymore at least I did when I was between the age of 12-16. This commercial wouldn’t get me to buy the game if I had never played the original.

8. NinjaMidget

I’m gonna agree with PT on this, my first reaction was that this is all fake…the mothers there not the game.

Kinda like what they did with the ‘protesters’ outside E3 for Dante’s Inferno if I remember correctly.

9. marijnlems

The hypocrisy of these companies never fails to astound me. “We don’t market our M-rated games to minors” my ass.

10. Erthazus

@6, i agree completely.

11. AHA-Lambda

@6 – agreed

12. revolting

@6 Ironically, everyone is agreeing with you. Myself included! That was so incredibly contrived, and utterly cringeworthy, and certainly not for the reasons EA intended it to be cringeworthy. I love Dead Space, but I hate shitty marketing ploys, and as great as the franchise may be, this is yet another nail in the coffin of “mature” actually ever meaning mature in the context of gaming.

@2 Good grief, if you’re going to make ill-informed, stupidly insulting generalisations, at least get your target continent right. Those ladies are as British as Paris Hilton’s American Express card.

13. Psychotext

“Ironically, everyone is agreeing with you.”

Quite. Still, good to know I’m not the only one being critical. :)

14. Freek

And it strangely out of sync with what Dead Space is. Sure, the gore is fun and all. But the game is at it’s best when it’s quite and you hear weird noises all around you. The sound design, the subtle lighting, it’s the atmosphere that sells it, not the gore.
    And they seem to really want to build the story out this time aswell.

15. KL

give them a kinect instead.right?

16. Dannybuoy

I cracked Dead Space out of it’s year or so of stasis today. What a great game it is. The 2nd should be worth a go I think. Just got to finish this first. Had only complete chapter 1! ;-)

17. Telepathic.Geometry

I agree with Psychotext. Really looking forward to this game, but this add really cheapens it. Your mom will hate it? Who, who is legally allowed to play the game, will give a fuck?

I wish they’d advertise it based on its merits as a potential AAA fucking game. This ad makes me worry more than anything that it might be a dud game.

18. Gekidami

Everyone in that trailer has American accents…

19. Dralen

HAHA!! I just thought it was funny, I don’t think it cheapens it at all. I just think it shows EA has a good sense of humour.