SEGA puts out its 2011 UK release schedule

Friday, 14th January 2011 16:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

segalogo1

SEGA has sent over its release schedule for the UK this year, and while there are quite a few TBA dates in there, like for Aliens: Colonial Marines and the shooter from the creator of Yakuza, Binary Domain, you’ll find release dates for quite a few others.

Here’s the schedule in full, listed in order of release:

Hit the links we put in the schedule for more information on each game.

1. KrazyKraut

No Yakuza of the End ?? Shiiiieeet

2. AHA-Lambda

wow absolutely nothing there for me =/

3. theevilaires

Um can I please get a HD release or Guardian heros SEGA, shit. What I got to do to be heard around here. Re release Guardian Heros dammit on PSN and XBLA. 4 player off and online co op too bitches.

4. OlderGamer

I’ll take a round of Aliens, and maybe a look at Thor/Cap A. and thats it.

I long for the days when Sega had so many good games that could fuel an entire platform with them.

Gaurdian Heros and PSO and Daytona USA and Panzer Dragoon and Shining Force and … boy oh boy I miss Sega.

5. get2sammyb

Virtua Tennis 4 and Yakuza 4 for me.

6. Hunam

I’ll get Shogun when it gets a deluxe edition. Empire/Napoleon burned me big style.

7. xino

didn’t they say there isn’t a dreamcast collection?

alien is what I’m looking forward to

8. OwningXylophone

@ 7

Yeah, but it is just Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Sega Bass Fishing & Space Channel 5 Part 2… So in other words the 4 games that will already be available individually on XBLA anyway. I was really hoping for something like the MD collection, or at least Power Stone and Skies of Arcadia.

9. Gekidami

So i guess we’re meant to assume Colonial Marines will come out this year then…

10. Fin

Hmmm, where’s my PSO V2 XBLA release?

11. Gekidami

Actually, where is PSO2?

12. OlderGamer

Prolly a good couple of years out still Gek :(

13. TheWulf

@10 & @11: Considering that they thought the PC version of Phantasy Star Online to be a failure, they’re unlikely to ever rerelease it.

It’s a sad thing, but there you go. Sega isn’t known for making the wisest choices, these days.

14. triggerhappy686

Colonial Marines is the only one im really interested in, unless they put Code Veronica in the dreamcast collection that is ;)

15. SplatteredHouse

Dreamcast Collection’s not for PS3, and yeah, Colonial Marines is really all I’m interested in from there.

16. A4-F8

maybe Virtua Tennis 4

17. Lord Gremlin

@2: We’ll probably have to wait another year. We’re getting Yakuza 4 in spring, a year later than Japan… It’s a trend.

18. Crysis

The only game I’m interested in there would be Aliens, but it’ll likely fall into the already overfilled 4th quarter of this year.

19. Suikoden Fan

i look at that dreamcast collection and then the mega drive one that came out a while ago, and all i can do is sigh

20. OlderGamer

It is kind of sad and weak really.

I think Sega consoles have some of the brightest spots in gaming history, that never seems to be reflected in their shaby collections.

21. Maxey

How about an HD re-release of Shenmue?

22. OlderGamer

With all of this Sega talk I went and got my dreamcast out of my games storage this weekend and set it up.

I was blown away at how good the games still looked. And played.

Some of the games have not aged as well as others, but stuff like Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, looked and played flawlesly. The only problem I have is that my sons are on it, and I wanted to play Armada, looking forward to school on monday when I send them off. Then it is all mine!

The only sad bit is that in looking and playing the DC I am reminded of how bad the industry is at this point. That system was loaded with inovating games. Games that didn’t take themeselves too serioursly. Games that put fun first. Games that didn’t have a 20-30usd DLC plan after the sale, no, these were complete games right outof the box. Brighting and colourful.

People say I hate JP games. I don’t. I miss the days of Dreamast. Not only were those the best of JP, but the best of Gaming, imo. I can’t even count how many amazing Capcom games I have, from Mars matrix to MVC2 to Power Stone to Cannon Spike. Compare those games alone to what we get today. I can’t even play a DMC game, but I put countless hours on any one of those games.

I really do miss those days. Alot.

23. Gheritt White

STREETS OF RAAAAAAGE!!

24. StolenGlory

Our world isn’t quite that crazy yet that we would get two Yakuza titles in the same year.

Unfortunately.