Rumour – Dead Space 3 teaser included in Dead Space 2

Thursday, 13th January 2011 07:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

deadspace2boxart

Dead Space 2 doesn’t launch for another two weeks, but the first teaser for Dead Space 3 will be in the game: that’s according to a review from US mag Game Informer.

The publication, which gave the Visceral horror sequel a 90 according to MetaCritic, said that the “tease for Dead Space 3 has my head spinning with questions”.

gi ds3

This is the first mention of a Dead Space 3 for some time. A Variety report from July 2009 said DS3 was in the planning stages before Dead Space 2 was even announced.

EA moved to deny any such rumours, but Visceral said last September it was up for a number three.

Dead Space 2 releases on January 25 in the US and January 28 in Europe on PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Yoshi

Most games have teasers for sequels at the end XD

2. Gekidami

Surely this just means its open-ended.

3. Blerk

“No satisfying conclusion” confirmed! :-D

4. Dralen

I’m still not sure if I should be getting this on PC or PS3. I’ve got the first one on PC and I would like to keep it that way, but I’m not sure how good the PC version will be. What do you PC nuts out there think?

5. Aimless

You’ll get to the end and find out you’ve been killing normal people the entire time.

I look forward to Dead Space 3: The Ingenious Engineer Isaac Clarke of Earth.

@4 Personally I’m picking up the PS3 version for the free copy of Extraction. If I recall the PC port of the first game wasn’t the best, either; sluggish controls, locked framerate, no built-in AA, etc.

6. OrbitMonkey

If I get to the end of Dead Space 2 to find I’ve been killing normal people, I’m gonna be sorely fucked off. I want a happy ending dammit!
    Well as happy a ending you can have after killing thousands of necromorphs that have overrun a space station anyway :D

7. Maximum Unreal

I played first one on PC and it was just fine.You could always you gamepad on PC.And it has AA i think up to 8x I cant remember.It didn’t have locked framerate it means it could go up to 60 frames.If you have good PC(for good framerate and resolution) and head-set PC is way to go my friend.

8. Aimless

@7 Fair enough, I never played it on PC. I just remember people complaining about it at the time; the specifics I went into must be for some other game.

9. macronia

lol , i am thinking it will be on earth :P , hope that

and about PC .. the game was fantastic on it and it had AA option just on/off , but the frame were unlocked it reached above 100 . u can check guru3d , in old VGA cards review as 4870 or 4890 .

hope DS3 reach PC anyway , and plz DX11 is here so use it

10. Dralen

Alot of people had a problem with the mouse controls in Dead Space, but it wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. Supposedly the specifications are exactly the same as Dead Space 1, so I probably will be getting for PC.

11. Erthazus

I finished the game just now and i don’t understand where is a TEASER for Dead space 3.

Yes, in the end Overseer speaks with some man about parts of the Marker, but that does not sound exactly about Dead space 3. It’s sure is going to be somewhere on Earth.

Also, if DS3 is going to happen by the ending it’s sure is going to be Co-op.