Persona 3 PSP to be published by Ghostlight in Europe

Tuesday, 11th January 2011 09:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

persona3

Atlus has announced that publisher Ghostlight is to release Persona 3 Portable in Europe for PSP.

Released in Japan at the end of 2009, the RPG made it to the US last summer.

A collector’s edition of the game will also be released in Europe. No date’s been confirmed yet, however.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. Hunam

Woo!

Even though I bought the US version from Atlus.

2. NeoSquall

Nice news, although I believed it was already out in Europe..

3. Johnny Cullen

Na. That was Persona 1.

4. Blerk

Such a brilliant game!

5. mingtons ghost

i only got half way through it, same with P4. I hope these updated version get HDified and released on XBLA and PSN

wishful thinking i know

6. Hunam

They wont, plus P3P is exceptionally portable. Tons of modifications were made to just make it great for short play sessions including a lot of graphics being cut and replaced with 2D alternatives. It might sound bad but it works so much better on the PSP because it’s just faster to use.

Anyway, after Catherine is out Atlus are moving onto Persona 5 for 360/PS3 no doubt.

7. Blerk

I live in hope that Persona 5 will come to 360 too, but I’m not counting on anything until it’s absolutely confirmed.

8. Hunam

Why else would they make Catherine on 360 if that wasn’t the way the company intended to go in the future? They’ve built a mulitplatform engine so I guess they intend to use it. Atlus have only been making Playstation games for so long because they didn’t have to bother with the Xbox last gen but this gen they know it’s the way to America’s heart. It’d be silly to ignore half your potential audience if you can help it.

9. Blerk

They could’ve made it just to taunt me! :-D

10. NeoSquall

Atlus games aren’t exactly the kind of things that strike America’s heart anyways.

We’ll see how they’re going to censor it before releasing to the US market, and I hope they won’t use that version for the EU market as well because I’d get really mad :(