PC “still an important platform” for Assassin’s Creed franchise, says Ubisoft

Tuesday, 11th January 2011 19:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

brotherhood

Ubisoft has said PC is “still an important platform” for the Assassin’s Creed franchise, despite various delays the series has seen on the system.

Speaking with CVG, Ubisoft UK marketing boss Murray Pannell promised more information pertaining to Brotherhood’s release on PC will be made available soon.

“Definitely, PC is still an important platform for the franchise,”he said. “The PC version is still on track, looking good and we’re looking forward to showing some concrete details on that format soon.”

Both Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed 2 saw a delayed release on PC compared to the games’ PS3 and Xbox 360 counterparts, with Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood following suit.

According to a release schedule released by Ubisoft earlier in the month, the PC version of the multiplayer game is slated for a Q1 release.

Meanwhile, more DLC for the console version is expected at the end of the month.

1. Erthazus

LOL

Ubisoft please go away. Please!

2. Unlimax

3 letters : DRM !?!

3. Hunam

It was never an important platform for Assassins Creed so I don’t know where this has come from.

4. Bond James Bond

Well it is the best platform out there. Period.

5. psybass

yeah right, but yet I don’t understand what this means: “still an important platform”, still? What’s that supposed to mean? its like they doing favor for the pc gamers…=\

6. loki

Just lol. Sales of AC 1&2 fail on PC. But Ubisoft still believe in PC. Ubisoft, start using brain not ass

7. Maxey

I greatly enjoyed the games on PC. The DRM is a small snag on otherwise excellent ports of the game.

You guys are just hating for the sake of it.

8. Hunam

Excellent port? The first AC chugs madly even on top spec machines. The second one is probably a good port but the first was so far from even being an OK port.

9. Maxey

I had no problems at all with the first AC. I played it for the first time on a modest single-core PC and I was very surprised at how well it ran, given the size of the cities and how much stuff was going on in them.

10. Hunam

I have a quad core with 4gb of ram and a GTX 460, which is a more sensible priced gaming card, so not some cheap one but a high end one and the game still chugs on anything near the top end of the settings. But I’m not the only one which is why I’m surprised to be having this conversation as it was well known that AC1′s port was not up to scratch, hell a Ubisoft rep even admitted this much to me when I was being shown AC2.

11. ududy

I’ve played the original AC on an average dual-core with a very modest 8800 card and everything ran smoothly. Maybe the problem was less performance based and more related to compatibility.