New Tomb Raider shots now available to all

Tuesday, 11th January 2011 18:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

tomb raider 2

Square Enix has released shots of its newTomb Raider game. They’re the ones which were previously exclusive to Game Informer, so more likely than not you’ve already had a look. Watermarked or not.

Feast your eyes on the lot below.

Still no date or platform announcement as of yet, but Crystal Dynamics head, Darrell Gallagher has said to “forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider” as the latest will be “an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other.”

Enjoy.

1. chronoss2

when a developer is trying to promote a game with CG screens it often means that i’ve to be ready for a disappointment.. especially when it’s Tomb Raider. I wish i’m wrong but it has always been like that :/

2. theevilaires

Meh Dark Lara Uncharted wannabe.

3. albo88

Uncharted is a game created with Tomb Raider phylogeny with 1 exception Tomb Raider is more in to nature animals and stuff like that when Uncharted is more action with gears style hit and cover
    Tomb Raider is a game that i have played since ps1 and it has keeped its authentic style in years ill not put it down for some mix of stolen ideas like Uncharted

4. lexph3re

^lol. Whatever. I fell outta my laura craze when I was 14 and realised I was more obsessed with seeing her nude then playing the game(What?! I was homeschooled!)

But, honestly I prefer uncharted for its authentic combat and exploration. Tomb raiders have always been puzzle based. “Hey its a deer!*bang bang* solve a riddle.. Oh no! A wolf! *bang bang* collect a artifact. Holy sh*t a t-rex!” Wait! What? Why the hell is there a t-rex and raptors? Whatever come on laura let’s do some 15feet high back flips *flip flip flip*

Yeah…. not a big laura fan. But she does have some huge ti…. *cough*

5. YoungZer0

Authentic Combat? Lol.

6. lexph3re

Yes young0 compared to tomb raider the combat in uncharted is authentic. From the hand to hand to the aim. It may not be the originator of the system but it executes a hell of a lot better then the raider series.

So next time laugh at your little pecker and not the comment

7. Aimless

Why do so many Americans say Laura Croft?

It’s rather ironic, really: usually it’s the English adding ‘u’s into words where they ostensibly don’t belong.

8. absolutezero

How on Earth can you form a full opinion of a series and not even know the name of the main fucking character?

Jesus Christ if you are going to comment on anything at least have a purpose.

In regards to the few shots at hand and knowing that Crystal Dynamics have always wanded to make a survival horror title I can safely say im pretty pumped about this. The 4 games that they have made thus far have been the best Tomb Raider games ever made, Underworld is superb.

9. lexph3re

Because that my ignorant fucks is called auto correct. Via my cell phone, douche bags always want to pick on the dumbest part of a point.

10. Stephany Nunneley

@7 Because over here a lot of people spell Laura – Lara – and pronounce it Law-Ra. Don’t ask me why. But hey, times change, and so do meanings and names.

It’s like when I see Stephany/Stephanie spelled: Stefanny – yeah, I know. Drives me bonkers to be honest.

11. theevilaires

@Lex so true lol. Thats a euro for you :D I on the other hand spelled it right the first time Aimless so your rant is bs. You euros love Lara Croft series just as much as you love James Bond because it has euro based charaters.

12. Aimless

I don’t think you know what a rant is. Mine was a genuine question: I listen to a lot of US podcasts and there were many Lauras being thrown around when Guardian of Light was being discussed.

@10 Thanks, Steph, that certainly clears things up.

Personally I’ve never met a Lara, or a Laura masquerading as a Lara for that matter. I did once know a Lorna, though.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’m excited about the new Tomb Raider. It’s certainly in the right developer’s hands.

If they can learn why so many people LOVE Legend and Anniversary, and were disapointed with Underworld (although I thought it was above average despite reviews and negative feedback), perhaps their new reboot will be the best Tomb Raider game yet!

14. Kuwabara

after playing uncharted 1/2, i tried playing tomb raider underworld, and i have to say, its a big pile of shit. tomb raider is dead and will unfortunately not come anywhere near uncharted 3.