Nintendo UK launches 3DS portal, implores you to “see it”

Monday, 10th January 2011 06:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

3ds uk portal

Nintendo’s opened up a UK portal website for 3DS ahead of a European press event next week in Holland.

Right now, it contains the message “See it. 2011″. That’s the only thing that’s on the site alongside a 3DS.

It comes as the company plans to hold said press event in Amsterdam and in New York next Wednesday, where launch details for Europe and the US are expected to be announced.

The only thing known thus far is that it will launch in the west in March, with at least 2.5 million units set aside for the rest of the world alongside a 1.5 million shipment for Japan.

Japan gets it on February 26. Catch up on the final day of the recent 3DS-centric Nintendo World in Japan here.

1. Blerk

I am fairly interested to see one, but I’m really, really not interested in buying one. In the slightest. You’ve got lots of work to do to convince me, Nintendo.

2. Zidane

Why so skeptical? I mean, there are great games coming out for the 3DS. It will have awesome social functions and it’s friggin’ 3D!

3. Blerk

Don’t care about social functions, don’t care about 3D, don’t care about 95% of Nintendo-published games, can’t stand handhelds.

Is that enough? I can go on! :-D

4. Callum

Lol Blerk, prehaps this is not the console for you pal?

The battery life and lack of decent launch titles are making me wait for a bit and possibly play one first before purchasing.

5. Blerk

It almost certainly isn’t. :-)

However, I do live in hope that one day someone will create a handheld which I can actually hold and use comfortably without straining either my hands or my eyes. No luck yet.

6. SOMI

If Sony made it you’de soon buy it.

7. StolenGlory

Maybe if Blerk was a Sony fanboy.

Which he isn’t.

8. Blerk

OR AM I?! :-D

9. StolenGlory

Well played! :)

10. Blerk

It’s all been a years-long double-bluff. I’m actually Ken Kutaragi.