New Uncharted 3 movies burn the house down

Tuesday, 28th December 2010 17:24 GMT By Patrick Garratt

uncharted32

We’ve seen it. We’ve talked to Naughty Dog about it. Fallon made an ass of himself playing it. Now we can watch a bit more of it. Hit the link for two new Uncharted 3 videos.

The footage has been robbed from Eurogamer, but them’s the breaks. It features Nathan running around burning stuff.

Watch it. It’s better than reading these words. The game’s out at the end of next year. Thanks, Monk.

1. Johnny Cullen

Looks just as good as the Fallon stuff. Me likey.

2. onlineatron

Looks better than the Fallon stuff, the players are competent.

Loving the animations and lighting in the first video, the new melee attacks look fantastic!

EDIT: Gametrailers have HD versions of the videos, they look a look better than these 360p ones: http://bit.ly/fc6BHz

3. varsas

This does look superb and the improved melee combat is very welcome.

4. Erthazus

Gameplay is very impressive. It’s a huge step up from the second game. It feels less linear now.
    Melee combat improvements? Well, i don’t know. I liked them even in the second game, here it’s almost the same thing but with minor improvements and animations.

Blur effects is improvement also, maybe you guys don’t see it, but shooting with the pistol will be harder now.

I like the thing that HOUSE IS ON FIRE :D in Real-Time, not some static bullshit.

5. KAP

The sounds of the guns are like baking trays being dropped. plz ND, sort it out!

I’d LOVE the sounds of the guns to be like… like…. a gun should

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Looks as smooth, lucious, and gorgeous as expected. Can’t wait.

7. polygem

Looks impressive indeed- lightning and animations are superb. but i cant help- im not that excited..sequels…im not so rough on fps sequels because i love the competitive mp part…uc mp didnt get me hooked…and for the sp i felt overwhelmed by the technical side of uc2 but story and characters tired me a little too much.

8. The_Deleted

The game’s out at the end of next year…
    by which time you’ll know every damned thing about it because of vids like these.

9. Michael O’Connor

That was pretty damn awesome.

Can’t wait for this.

10. osric90

It’s perfect as far as I see. I mean, things that should have been improved were improved (some animations, texture and filters, even crosshair reactions) and things that should have been kept the same were kept the same (everything we know about our beloved Uncharted series). Now is up to the story, the weapon’s feeling (this time I really want to feel I’m using the weapon I’m using), the lenght of the game and the extras inside the Blu-ray disc for making it the perfect game we all want it to be… So, thinking “it’s in Naughty Dog’s hands obviously” there’s nothing to worry… Only to be prepared for perfection made an awesome adventure-action thrilled videogame. Time to suffer, you who don’t have a PS3 and time to save for one. I hate people saying “Uncharted? Meh…” no, I don’t hate them, they make me laugh… Because deep inside in their hearts they are thinking “shit, I wish I could play that… But I’m going to hate it so it counters my desire and envy” hahaha, just kidding. Happy new year!

11. Robo_1

Many shades of win. Looks like they’ve improved the core mechanics whilst building more of their trademark cinematic touches to it.

12. Tallon 4

Damn….gonna be a long wait. Pure awesome

13. reask

Only watched the first one so as not to spoil it too much.
    Day 1 purchase for me.

14. Len

Supposed to be a third, even more impressive vid to come from EG apparently.

Anyway, looks lovely and can’t bloody wait… :)

15. stretch215

Maybe i’ll give uncharted 2 a shot since everyone seems to LOVE it. I didn’t really like the 1st.

16. Quiiick

Better (720p HD) quality videos here:

17. OrbitMonkey

I’m actually resisting the urge to watch these vids, don’t want to get to over familiar with it before its even out. Not that I need to, day one purchase :)

18. guapo

I found the first uncharted to be o.k. It had some great platforming moments but the gunplay kind of turned me off. Having to shoot an enemy w/o body armor 10 times with an ak-47 to kill him got tedious after a while. I’ve heard that the 2nd game is a whole lot better but after the first i really wasn’t looking forward to more, at least not at that time. However, those videos have motivated me to pick the second one up. I know these aren’t videos of uc2 but it’s uncharted all the same. Also, this game (uncharted 3), looks freakin’ beautiful !!!!

19. LOLshock94

funny how one of the members working on the game told gamesTM that the visuals and graphics have not met there full potential and that the video they showed said that the graphics and visuals just matched up with UC2 and everyone here is says how improved it is when they have clearly said it looks like UC2 for now…..

sorry but most of you are idiots

20. Crysis

@19, YOU calling others idiots? Fucking hypocrite.

21. OrbitMonkey

@19 Still pissed you didn’t get Princess Barbie for Christmas eh?

22. Quiiick

@19 Ever heard of something called “understatement”?

23. Xboxscam

My 2nd xbox 360 broke recently. Just like the first it didn’t last more than a year and a half. Microsoft wants to charge me to have it fixed. DONT BUY XBOX. They are crap and you will feel ripped off. Spread the word.

24. polygem

@23: yipiihh fanboy discussion….a great way to say goodbye to 2010: my launch xbox passed away RROD style after approx 10 months…got it replaced fast and received 3 month gold…later i sold the well running replacement box and upgraded to elite which ran smooth for approx. 2 years…sold it….upgraded to “slim xbox” runs perfectly fine….my slim ps3 passed away a few month after purchase. took ages for sony to fix it….received a replacement ps3 with a scratch(!)…that one did run well though…had a broken psp as well….replacement took 2 months or so, received one with 5 or 6 very annoying dead pixels while the one i sent in didn´t have any…see, everyone has different experiences so really no need to spread the word-–why am i even writing this—in the end all big companies are sons of b?%&§$…it´s terrible that the hardware in general is so weak….maybe i had just bad luck with my gaming equippment…i´m lucky with love though despite gaming so you won´t hear me complain.

25. Gekidami

“–why am i even writing this—”

Because that post got you into a fanboy rage. “HOW DARE HE INSAULT MY PLATFORM!!!”

Just as bad as each other.

26. polygem

nah just as cool as each other while you should take that huge wooden stick outta your butt…

27. Xboxscam

@poly, I agree everyone has different experiences. PS2 served me very poorly. But I had heard mostly good things about the quality of the PS3. It’s just crap business practice that these big companies sell junk for so much money. I’m tired of feeling like a sucker.

28. Erthazus

@OB, ” Still pissed you didn’t get Princess Barbie for Christmas eh?”

for example i’m still pissed >:(

XDDD

29. Hunam

I remember when I used to join in with all these squabbles, thank god I grew out of that. Have fun boys.

30. Kuwabara

“lolshock” know your role and shout your mouth.

31. Crysis

Can you smell! what the Rock, is cookin’?