Humble Bundle 2 offers stupid indie value

Tuesday, 14th December 2010 17:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

braid

Five games. For charity. Pay whatever you like.

We’ll keep it short, as we’re tired: the second Humble Bundle is now live, letting you pay whatever you like for Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos and Revenge of the Titans.

You can pay $1 for the lot, if you like. That’s 65p.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation and Child’s Play both get donations for every order.

Seriously. Just do it. There’s no DRM and you can download any of the games as many times as you like.

You’re paying now, right?

1. abnormal alan

i’ll def be getting this thats an awesome offer

2. Patrick Garratt

I just bought it.

3. abnormal alan

yeah same here though i’m having problems with the download of braid

4. KrazyKraut

I find the first indie pack better, but the second one is a great offer too. I think I will buy it again, but…just bought Machinarium UK Collectors for 20 € some months ago^^

5. theevilaires

Wow just wow. So basically they didn’t raise enough charity money this year and this is their alt. How much of a split goes to these benefits and into someone else pockets huh?

6. abnormal alan

I love how you’re bitchin about money going into other peoples pocket. Why don’t you click the link. You can take a look at how’s it’s split, hell you can even decide

7. onlineatron

I bought it but I can’t download Cortex Command, it keeps showing an error.

8. abnormal alan

Try again in a bit braid did the same for me

9. Michael O’Connor

@6 TEA is a spoilt little rich kid. Charity and people actually living in harsh condition are concept beyond his comprehension.

10. onlineatron

Managed to down the executable… but now that’s flashing me with errors ‘installer integrity has failed…’.

I suppose that’s what I get for skimping on the cost.

11. abnormal alan

I dunno mate sorry I was downloading the Mac versions

Think you might be right there

12. Michael O’Connor

@11 I know I am. He never shuts up about all the expensive shit he buys all the time.

Lucky for some, eh?

13. DSB

Not that this is the place for social commentary, but having hung around some of the poorest parts of the US for a while, I’m pretty impressed by how a country with that many poor people can be so apathetic towards poverty.

It seems like the only people doing charity here are trying to buy their way into the promised land or impress their friends at church. The rest seem to just want poor people shot.

There are arguably more useful charities around than Child’s Play and EFF, but definitely not with an offer that good.

14. Crysis

@DSB, The Government is to blame, specifically the right wings who until lately have generally been incharge. They support the rich getting richer by making the poor even poorer, America may have a higher average income than most countries, but that’s only true by a Arithmetic mean, not the Mode average, just the rich are so stinking rich that they COULD cover dozens of poor peoples expenses for life, but don’t, so many countries systems are wrong, it’s time for a worldwide change.

15. Blerk

Some great games, a bargain price (if you like), and money to charity too. What’s not to like?

16. NeoSquall

I can’t manage to pay anywhere: Amazon Payments asks me for a US address (I live in Italy), GoogleCheckout isn’t accepting my postal code and PayPal won’t accept my new debit card (same circuit as the old one).

How am I supposed to pay?

Not to mention I already own Braid and Machinarium and I’m getting the other games, and to give what I can to charity.

Cheers to notch and his 2000$ donation.

17. Old MacDonald

Man, I owned all of these already. Even Revenge of the Titans (pre-order). Bah.