SSX Deadly Descents announced

Sunday, 12th December 2010 03:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ssx deadly descents

SSX: Dead Descents has just been announced at the VGASs.

It’s an EA Sports game. No date, no platforms. It was snowboarding with a Call of Duty vibe, but it will allow you to ride every mountain range.

That’s it. Traiier’s below.

Speculation to a new SSX title has grown since last month thanks to the registration of website domains from EA. This week, it was reported EA Canada was handling development duties on the game.

1. onlineatron

At first I was like: WHAT THE FUCK HAVE THE DONE TO SSX?!

And then Andrew Fister was like: ‘Word of advice, resist knee-jerks on SSX.’

So I was like: Yeah, sure, wait n’ see.

2. onlineatron

That header image is incredibly unfitting given the tone of the game.

/Allisforgivenat3:30am ;)

3. frostquake

I have not been a SSX fan, but for me I would love an SSX meets Burn Out style game…Where you could snowboard down the mountain with others, go up to them crash into them and knock gear off until their almost nude, and do a Take-Down like Burnout break their board and go into tree’s and brush with debris flying everywhere in Slow Mo…that would be sweet!

Oh and give me equipment so I can shoot a shock rod into their back, and a backpack full of sand and grit so I can dump it out behind me and make the person catching up to be go “SPLAT”, oh and a saw blade gun so I can shoot at Pine tree’s as I go by them and cut them down, and take out a whole row of boarders, and lob grenades and impact mines…call it “SSX: THE TAKE DOWN.”

Now that would be an SSX game…but me thinks it may make the SSX gamers kind of upset..LOL..Maybe this game is like that. ;)

4. Zurtech

Am excited by a new SSX game, but I hope the actual game isn’t as serious as this. To me SSX was always about tongue in cheek and just… chillin.

5. WizardWeb

Not sure about the new art direction on this, it’s more COD than SSX, but we’ll see…

Mind you, I would’ve been happy with an HD remake of SSX Tricky, released on PSN/XBLA for £12.99. Yep that would’ve been cool.

6. hjyu38

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

put this url in google sirch

(http://www.aamall.us )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment

7. Gadzooks!

Whatever this gritty, serious snowboarding game is, is is not SSX.

I just knew this announcement would end up being the biggest dissapointment of my gaming life.

I hate what EA are doing to my favourite games. They ruined Burnout and now they are going to ruin SSX.

Just give me SSX Tricky XBLA. I dont want this boring semi-realism shite. Tokyo Megaplex or bust, EA.