No DLC support for Hot Pursuit on PC

Sunday, 12th December 2010 12:55 GMT By Joe Anderson

nfsf

EA has confirmed the PC version of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will not be getting the Super Sports downloadable content pack which has recently been announced for consoles.

That’s not the only blow to PC users though as posting on the game’s official message boards, Criterion has also confirmed the PC port won’t be getting any DLC content at all.

“We have a limited amount of resources that makes it so that we are unable to deliver new content to all platforms, however we do have more updates and content on the way for PC players.”

There was no further information as to what the “update and content” on the way for PC player is, however the fact that none of the DLC announced for console users is heading to PC will surely be a blow for those who prefer their gaming with a keyboard and mouse.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. cookiejar

Ouch.

2. AHA-Lambda

can’t say i’m surprised at this sort of thing anymore =(

3. Hunam

Down with this sort of thing!

(Just proves that EA should give in their EA Store ideals and finally join steam, especially when they released the Hot Zone map pack on their store exclusively and it tanked hard.)

4. Wonko

I prefer my gaming with a steering wheel, that’s why I was going to get the PC version. Now I’m not going to get it at all, it’s a shame because I won’t play a neutered arcade experience capped at 30 fps on the console.

5. typeface

Honestly it didn’t seem like they gave too much thought to the PC version for this game considering the bugs. As for the dlc, might be like what happened with Bioshock 2. Initially there was none and then they said yeah.

6. S0meRand0mN00b

thats why you pirate the games of such cunts to say FU with every download :D

7. freedoms_stain

@6, I disagree.

If people are pirating then the publishers are pretty entitled to their current view that pirates are thieving cunts who are simply unwilling to pay for games.

If you want to mount any sort of protest completely ignore shit quality ports. If nobody is buying their games OR even bothering to go to there trouble of pirating them then they’ve got no excuses to hide behind other than that their games are not good enough on PC.

pirating makes no positive statement, all you’re doing is fucking yourself and all other PC gamers by giving publishers an excuse to move further and further away from the PC market and provide shitty support when they do dip their toe in.

8. Hunam

You also have to take the step to letting them know why you did not buy the game, they will just assume that there isn’t a market for it on the PC rather than think the PC version fucking sucks.

9. freedoms_stain

@8, you are correct and I did consider that, I suppose the answer to that is to make sure you/we support the titles and developers that are getting it right. So for example if Hot Pursuit is an example of a crap PC game (never played it, just taking it as an example) and has shit sales and nobody pirates it EA can’t say “oh well, no market for it” if other PC racers are selling much better (and potentially being pirated more), I’d love to provide you an example of a good PC racer but it’s not my genre :p.

10. el duderino

this is what happens when you pirate the fuck out of a platform.

11. Kalain

and whats going to happen when console pre-owned sales start to bring in more money the first hand sales?

12. freedoms_stain

@11, they already do for some brick and mortar retailers.

And what’s going to happen is things like the EA online pass.

13. Lightmanone

First you download the game and think: OKay, it’s good enough to buy it.. Then you do, to be screwed by EA because of the notification there won’t be DLC.. I wonder why I even buy the stuff….

14. BluMag

yeah sure, poor PC gamers, at least they can download full games !

15. hjyu38

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

put this url in google sirch

(http://www.aamall.us )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment

16. blackdreamhunk

people wonder why game devs go bankrupt and gamers don’t respect them. for me it means I don’t have spend as much on games. I am sticking to game devs that love the pc.

there more room for genres to die and game devs to bankrupt. The next two years coming might be hell if inflation happens.