NFS: Hot Pursuit gets Super Sports pack on December 21

Friday, 10th December 2010 14:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

nfs hot pursuit

EA’s announced it’s releasing the Super Sports pack for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit on December 21.

The pack will contain cop and racer iterations of Porsche 911 GT2 RS, Gumpert Apollo S and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport.

It’ll be available on December 21 on Xbox Live and US PSN for $6.99 or 560 MS points. It’ll release the following day on December 22 on the EU PSN.

Catch the trailer for the pack from earlier in the week here.

1. themadjock

Citerion: Please make my new Logitech GT5 steering wheel work soon

2. OlderGamer

I honestly don’t know if you would want that. In my experience, only one arcade racer has every worked well with Wheels and that was Flatout on xbox360.

Arcade racers are just too fast for a wheel to work well.

I saw a professer release a study that he and his class did on Grid. I enjoyed the game but could never finnsih it and then I found out why. The end game cars drove at a simiulated 900plus MPH. The report claimed a lot of video game racers are overclocking the cars, even the so called Sim Racers. The reason for that is thatto drive real speeds in a game just doesn’t have the same intensity. It is just a video game after all. But that is why one slight twitch will often send your car off the track or spinning out needlessly. Sure the physics are often very good. But its would be like fast forwarding the game and trying to hang on to the car.

Long story short that is often why wheels are hit and miss in racers. Getting back to Grid the touring cars handled amazingly well, but once you started going up in car rank it got a hella lot of harder for that reason.

NFS HP may well be like that, no way of knowing w/o trying it. But if the devs don’t put that support in the game, that mightbe our first clue.

3. themadjock

Fair point OG, it works on Burnout paradise though and that is one overclocked racer. I just find that the stick lacks accuracy and find myself bouncing of too many barriers to try and beat my friends times on autolog…. wanted to at least try the steering wheel, they say other wheels are supported so why not logitech ones?

4. Lightmanone

Where is pack for the PC? I have the PC version. Why isn’t that getting an update?!

5. OlderGamer

Being that the same dev studio made NFS HP and Burnout P. I would say that a wheel should work great. I would have thought the game should have launched with support. I have a shelf full of games(xbox360) that I can’t use my wheel with. But when one comes along that I can use it with(like the new F1 2010) it really shines. The experience can be amazing.

I need to grab me a copy of NFS HP, the game looks really fun.

6. DaMan

what’s with the DLC crap? the game has just been released.