Extended Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer really hits it home

Friday, 10th December 2010 06:55 GMT By Johnny Cullen

deus ex human revolution 2

Can we say “wow”? Do people still say wow?

An all-new Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer has appeared overnight that is, quite simply, just amazing.

There’s no gameplay, it’s all CG. In fact, it’s an extended edition of the E3 trailer with a couple of bits from the TGS trailer thrown in for good measure.

YouTube version is below. It’s epic stuff.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution launches early next year for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. osric90

Square has done a beautiful job on those CG. Japanese people, they always do awesome stuff. I don’t feel kind of totally happy with the in-game stuff though… I mean, it could be a lot better. Let’s hope there in Montreal, they can get this game just perfect in graphics terms. Anyway, this is going to rock my world.

2. Johnny Cullen

Game’s shaping up to be really fantastic.

3. Johnny Cullen

Just added the trailer.

4. themadjock

Best game trailer ever… although I agree with 1 that the gameplay visuals need work from what I have seen. However as long as the gameplay is there that’s all that matters.

5. JimFear666

i played the game at Eidos montreal and… jeeez this game will be epic!

it sucks that i signed a nda and i cant say anything about the game cause i saw something on the trailer which in the game is kinda … different.

6. Aimless

I think the TGS cut is a far better trailer. This one’s rather bloated and ill-paced whilst the former has a fantastic build up behind it.

7. freedoms_stain

man this game looks hawt, I can’t wait to see how this translates into gameplay.

8. Erthazus

It’s RPG genre. What graphics?

Graphics for this game is absolutely great. Want graphics play PC version. It’s your problem if your consoles don’t have FILTERS or Anti aliasings. Everything else is fine. Buy a decent PC and play the game. It’s only YOUR problem. I saw Pc screenshots and they are great.

I hope that Deus Ex Prequel to Deus Ex 1 will be amazing, not like the second game. Good luck Montreal.

9. Kuwabara

snake is back, in the ultimate tactical espionage action game!! :P

10. endgame

if there r still ppl who haven’t preordered this, well, those ppl are idiots.

11. DSB

I’m a selfcontent idiot then.

Preordering a game from a new studio based on promo videos? Yeah, no.

It looks really good, but you can’t always count on that.

12. Erthazus

@DSB, correct.

I’m sure that for 90% of VG community never played or even heard of Deus Ex franchise until some cool trailers from Square Enix :3

But i, as a fan preordered it anyway :3 you can slap my face XD

13. DSB

@12 I don’t blame you. It does look really good. I just disagreed with being an idiot for not preordering.

I’d really like some developer commentary on gameplay. The recent gameplay footage looked great, but it was still only one scene, and it didn’t really explain how the game is going to work.

I’m just extremely skeptical and critical of things like that, and Deus Ex is one of my favourite games, so I have to assume that a prequel is going to suck right up until it proves me wrong – That way I won’t be disappointed :p

14. Gheritt White

Looks like we’ll be going into orbit to take down some kind of super-satellite.

15. osric90

@8 and @12 I have played the first two Deus EX games and this is going to be better, why? Just wait. So, what the hell is the problem if 90% of the people didn’t? THIS IS A DIFFERENT GAME FOR EVERYONE, even for people who doesn’t freakin’ know what is Deus Ex. High end computers, everybody has it nowadays, but they want to play in their huge LCD TVs with wireless pads and sitting in their most comfortable couches, you idiot… And if you don’t have one, it’s fine, not everybody shits money to buy things randomly like I’m sure you do. You always comment stupid stuff, always arguing with someone and spitting bullshit out of your mouth. Go grow up.

16. DSB

@15 Approximately 70% of Steams tracked computers are running dualcores or less. That’s hardly high end. People don’t want to pay a 1500-2000 dollar entry fee, and they certainly don’t want to spend 300 dollars upgrading it when things start to get choppy. That’s essentially why consoles own the market.

If you have a big modern flatscreen and a high end computer, you could quite easily connect the two. Big monitors aren’t console exclusives.

17. osric90

@16 Does that answer the question for people who don’t have enough money to buy computers, connect two monitors and others? Or people who dont’ want to deal with Windows, Mac a Huge CPU to carry everywhere and stuff? Anyway, done. Let’s not comment this anymore and talk about the awesome trailer.

18. DSB

@17 It doesn’t answer anything, because it wasn’t an argument for or against anything. I was just correcting you.

I don’t think it’s particularly easy to drag around a console, though. Too many small parts to keep track of. A conveniently sized made-for-tv console is really the next frontier for console manufacturers.

19. WindowsGamer

Am I the only one that doesn’t see any new footage in this trailer? It just looks like all the other trailers put together. Still awesome, I just don’t see why it’s especially noteworthy.

20. freedoms_stain

@19, I think the post is just worded misleadingly “In fact, it’s an extended edition of the E3 trailer with a couple of bits from the TGS trailer thrown in for good measure.” implies there’s new footage, but in fact is supposed to mean “This is the E3 trailer with parts of the TGS spliced in”.

21. YoungZer0