Resistance 3 shots and art land ahead of Saturday’s gameplay reveal

Tuesday, 7th December 2010 18:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

resistance3

Insomniac has released some really nice screenshots and concept art for Resistance 3, and we’ve posted ‘em for you below.

You can also get more shots of the game if you “like” the game’s Facebook page.

Courtesy of the EU PS Blog, the screens should keep you pacified until the game gets a gameplay reveal during the VGAs on Saturday.

Through the blog link there, the game’s creative director Marcus Smith also chats a bit about the story in the game, specifically what each pretty picture entails, along with the news it will contain co-op through the single-player campaign, which can be played online with a friend, or split-screen on your couch.

We’re looking forward to this.

If you are a Facebook user, you should log into the social networking site and “like” the game’s Facebook page. The more “likes” it gets, the more content Insomniac will release for it.

There’s already one screen opened on the page called Hybrid Fire, and we’ve posted it below with the other shots.

Resistance 3 hits PS3 next year.

1. onlineatron

Looks fantastic.

According to the article the 4th image is ‘a screenshot taken from one of [the] multiplayer maps’

WOWZERS!

2. The_Red

While the actual graphics (based on really few shots) look nice, the character faces are really horrible.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Added a bit of information regarding the game’s Facebook page and added another screen in there called Hybrid Fire.

4. Crysis

so far this is my most anticipated game of 2011, seems the more hardcore gamers would rather play CoD than this & discredit it at every step, but it’s heavily praised by the more laxed core gamers(y’know the guys who play for fun, not ‘bragging rights’) like myself.
    When i played Resistance 2 when i 1st got my PS3, i was simply amazed with the kraken fights in an early level (was it the 1st), ayway, it blew my mind by how amazing it looked, IMHO, resistance is Sony’s answer to Gears of War despite the fact they’re different kinds of shooters.

5. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

This got leaked a long time ago… I think even VG247 posted them that day.

6. Gekidami

^They did. Meh, whatever. Works as a reminder that we’ll see some footage on saturday. And the Facebook stuff its news to me.

7. Aimless

This game could go either way for me at this point: I thought the first showed a lot of promise and had a nice air of mystery about it, but the sequel was rather tacky in comparison.

Still, I’m hopeful. Roll on the gameplay footage.

8. Erthazus

Looks ok for now. Lets see a trailer.

9. Playstation_fan

awesome..!

it’ll be very challenging game I guess so far . .