Four Oddworld games hitting Steam this year

Monday, 6th December 2010 17:31 GMT By Patrick Garratt

abe

Oddworld Inhabitants said today that Abe’s Oddysee, Abe’s Exoddus, Munch’s Oddysee and Stranger’s Wrath will all be available on PC through Steam “this 2010 Holiday season”.

The four games will be released in an pack named Oddboxx.

It’s the first time Munch’s Oddysee and Stranger’s Wrath – originally released in 2001 and 2005 respectively – have been made available on PC.

There’s been no detail as yet on pricing.

Check out OI’s Facebook page for more.

1. Bond James Bond

Finally, Stranger’s Wrath will be getting put on a platform that’ll do it justice. The game will be the best it can be on the PC platform.

2. Old MacDonald

Might buy. But risky time to launch on Steam, it might be overshadowed by their various christmas sales. OTOH I suppose Steam itself get a lot of extra attention due to those, so who knows how it’ll work out for them.

3. freedoms_stain

I have the 1st 2 via steam already and they don’t run well on modern hardware.

4. Gekidami

So its just the original Stranger’s Wrath, and not the HD, reworked one that’ll be coming out on PS3?

5. Bond James Bond

So, essentially two 32-bit games don’t run on your so called “modern hardware”? Nonsense…

6. Callum

My i7 laptop can run the games fine, but I think the point freedom was making James, is that they do not LOOK well on modern hardware. My monitor isn’t overly large or high res…but by god these games look terrible.

I of course do not give a shit; I love everything about these games and I play them constantly, however, for someone new to the series perhaps they will be under whelmed. At least by Oddysee and Exodus.

Still, never got a chance to even think about strangers wrath, perhaps an early Xmass present?

7. Bond James Bond

That’s true, the first two games never were in HD and therefore look like shit. lol

8. freedoms_stain

I don’t remember the precise specifics of the issue, but I think basically the game will only run in fullscreen, which of course stretches the pixels into gawd awfulness on a 1080p display. The only way to force the game into a smaller window was to use some horrible piece of software which barely did its job or to run the game in a VM, which is total overkill if you don’t use VM’s for anything else.

9. rt45

Hey there, I find an amazing

Hey there, I find an amazing web,please click the web ,you can

find big pleasantly surprised
    ╭⌒╮WELCOME
    === http://www.aamall.us ====

=== http://www.aamall.us ====

=== http://www.aamall.us ====

—– ~ ¤ ╭⌒╮ ╭⌒╮
    ╭⌒╭⌒╮╭⌒╮~╭⌒╮ HANDBAG 35$
    ,)))),”)~~ ,”~)
    ╱◥█◣ ╱◥█◣ SHOES 35$
    |田|田||田|田| CLOTH 15$
    ╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬ 2010 NEW

10. frostquake

Sorry Can’t delete Spam on Main site or I would. :(

11. onlineatron

Will this be the updated version of Stranger’s Wrath?

12. Shubb9

@11 only anecdotally speaking, but this was rumoured a while back, calling it the Oddbox and the rumour was that graphical upgrades were on the cards. Not sure if that means full HD but it can’t be too taxing to re-skin 2D games like the first two

13. DSB

Damn, that’s really good news. I was hoping the PC would get those.

It’s a good question whether it’ll be the HD version, though.