Queen track packs with keys, harmonies and Pro upgrades coming to Rock Band 3

Friday, 3rd December 2010 15:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

queen

Harmonix and MTV Games today announced two packs of songs from Queen are hitting Rock Band 3 next week, both featuring songs new to the franchise as well as harmonies, keys and Pro Guitar/Bass upgrades to previously released songs.

It all hits on December 7, and for those who purchased Queen DLC previously, you’ll have the option to download Pro Guitar/Pro Bass additions for those tracks, as well as the option to purchase Rock Band 3 versions that include harmonies and keys where applicable. Additionally, five songs new to Rock Band will also be available as Rock Band 3 downloadable content, featuring Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrades as well.

These two packs are broken into “Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack,” which features updated versions of “I Want It All,” “I Want to Break Free,” “Killer Queen,” “One Vision,” “Somebody to Love” and “Under Pressure;” and “Queen Extravaganza Pack 01,” which features Rock Band 3 versions of “We Are the Champions” and “We Will Rock You,” which originally appeared in LEGO Rock Band, as well as “Hammer to Fall,” “Keep Yourself Alive,” “Now I’m Here,” “Tenement Funster” and “Play the Game,” which are new to Rock Band.

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Here’s what you’ll get on Dec. 7 for PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. European PS3 user get the tracks on Dec. 8:

Queen Extravaganza Pack 01

• Hammer to Fall X
  • Keep Yourself Alive X
  • Now I’m Here X
  • Play the Game X
  • Tenement Funster X
  • We Are the Champions (RB3 version)
  • We Will Rock You (RB3 version)

Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack

• I Want It All (RB3 version) X
  • I Want To Break Free (RB3 version) X
  • Killer Queen (RB3 version) X
  • One Vision (RB3 version) X
  • Somebody To Love (RB3 version) X
  • Under Pressure (RB3 version) X

All tracks are original master recordings and will cost the following:

• Individual:  $1.99/£.99/€1.49/160 MSP/200 Wii Points
  • Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack: $9.99/£4.99/€7.99/800 MSP/ 1,000 Wii Points
  • Queen Extravaganza Pack 01: $10.99/£5.99/€8.99/800 MSP/1,100 Wii Points

1. Gekidami

No ‘Bicycle Race’? What!?

2. LOLshock94

the killer queen <3

3. jacobvandy

I knew this was coming as soon as they revealed the keyboard with Bohemian Rhapsody, which is why I didn’t buy any Queen DLC previously… Good thing, though, since Killer Queen was boring as shit to play before.

How do the upgrades work? Do they have “Keys/Harmonies” upgrades for 99 cents, separate from the Pro Guitar/Bass upgrade? Or would you have to buy the song again to get keys like with the RB3 version of Bon Jovi DLC?

4. OlderGamer

I wonder how many people actualy bought the pro instraments? I get the keyboard is pro enabled. But the drums and guitars. Not to be too cynical but the game itself isn’t flying off of shelves and you know that most of the copies sold have to be either KB bundles or game disc only copies. And priced at 130usd for drums and 150usd for guitar it makes me think that maybe this push for pro DLC is a little bit much. Maybe they are over estemating the market for pro dlc?

5. jacobvandy

@4 I’m sure they realize pro guitar players will be a minority, which is why they made support for it optional instead of upping the price of all DLC. However, there are only about 100 songs that have pro support, including the ones on the RB3 disc (closer to 200 for keyboard support).

I just got my pro guitar and I love it, so the more pro DLC they come out with, the better, IMO. I would’ve bought it at launch but they weren’t available until last week for PS3. Not to mention the whole Fender Squier debacle… I would’ve gotten that instead but it’s still like 4 months away. Now I’m going to have to buy that, too. :p

6. OlderGamer

Being honest, I would love to get a pro Guitar for my oldest son and a pro drum for me. But I can’t afford either right now. Maybe someday I can see what all of the fuss is about.

7. Mauller

@6 You don’t need a whole new drum set. I’m using my Rock Band 2 drums with the Rock Band 2 cymbal pack. When you first choose pro mode it asks you what equipment you have and tailors it for you. I said that I had the 3 cymbals but didn’t have a hi hat pedal.