Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja – Storm 2 ships over one million units worldwide

Thursday, 2nd December 2010 21:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

naruto

Believe it!!

Namco Bandai has announced Ultimate Ninja – Storm 2v has shipped over one million units worldwide since it’s October launch.

Available for PS3 and Xbox 360, the game comes with a new online versus mode, redefined fighting mechanics, and story based on the popular animated series.

Developed by CyberConnect2, the game includes over 40 playable warriors and as an added bonus, Lars Alexandersson of Tekken 6 appears as an unlockable guest character.

That’s awesome. We love Naruto, dattebayo.

1. Erthazus

Very good game. Campaign was really enjoyable. Graphics art was absolutely jaw dropping.

2. Mattigan

Is this in any way like the the previous Naruto games on the 360?

3. ton77

“believe it!” is only in english dub

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Yeah. I know. I’ve watched it for years.

5. bluemanrule

@Mattigan The 360 games were published by Ubisoft. This CyberConnect 2 games is more similar to the Ultimate Ninja games you see on the PS2 & PSP. This game does incorporate exploration like the Ubisoft Naruto games (R.O.A.N & Broken Bond).

The demo did not give any of that gameplay so I cannot give you an impression. From the reviews I’ve read, it’s a very well-executed game. I’m waiting for a price-drop to jump on it.

6. freedoms_stain

The demo of this was pretty awesome, I’d like to give the full game a go.

7. absolutezero

I hate you forever for using believe it Steph.

Really. No forgiveness here.

8. Dralen

@7 You can’t be that harsh. Steph used both versions after all.

9. Stephany Nunneley

@8 Exactly! :D Actually, my brother and I shout BELIEVE IT at each other quite a bit as a joke. We prefer the subtitled versions of the DVDs anyway.

10. M2Kx

Fine, and now, Ubisoft, give me a naruto game, that actually has some shounen gameplay :)

11. Dralen

@9 I used to do that with my friend when I first started watching Naruto. But yeah, eventually I moved onto the awesomeness of Japanese and subtitles.

12. freedoms_stain

I think I’ve pretty much given up on Naruto anime. Every now and then I go back and watch the manga arc episodes, but I can’t stand Naruto filler arcs or movies. They’re all the freakin same. I can’t watch Naruto find another lonely kid who’s a wee bit fucked in the head because their parents were murdered and raped in front of them only for Naruto to win their hearts via his magical likeability power.

Btw sorry if I ruined the latest arc for you, but that is pretty much what is 100% definitely going to happen. Oh, and he’ll beat the last bad guy with some magical special Rasengan.

Sorry again.

13. Erthazus

Just read manga for sake.

14. Mattigan

@5 thanks, I really loved the first 2 Ubisoft games, particularly playing through the singleplayer.

The demo was a total turn off for me, all style over substance which is what the PS3 games seemed to be from vids I saw of them (haven’t played them though).

Think I need to see just how combat heavy this one is before shelling out.

15. StolenGlory

Dattebayo!!

Really, really enjoyed this game. The main campaign mode was a tad grindy, but it was one of the most epic gaming experiences i’ve had this year.

By proxy it also bodes extremely well for the forthcoming Asura’s Wrath, which is being developed by the same team and appears to boast an even higher level of epic insanity.

16. Lord Gremlin

It’s like Japanese Harry Potter, really.

17. freedoms_stain

Hey, there should be a new Naruto chapter out right now… *checks*… sweet!

@16, yeah… no.