Monster Hunter Portable 3 looks to be a hit in Japan day one

Wednesday, 1st December 2010 22:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

monster hunter

Capcom released Monster Hunter Portable 3 in Japan today, and if pictures of folks waiting in line for the game are any indication, it’s a hit already.

Kotaku has a video up showing different shots of MHP3 lines in Japan.

Watch it here.

A new creature for the game has been introduced in the game called White Rabbit Beast Urukususu, and it can apparently glide across ice, which is always a handy thing unless you are fighting it.

The last PSP title in the series, Freedom Unite, launched in March 2009 in Japan and June 2009 in the US and Europe and shipped 4 million units as of September.

1. Hunam

Shame the game is horrible to play on PSP.

2. SlayerGT

@1 Agreed. I want to see what Cap does with the PSP2 and twin sticks.

3. chronoss2

@1 : not uglier than Pokemon games on DS.. what I say is that graphics aren’t important for a game, mostly a handheld one :)

4. Hunam

I don’t have an issue with the graphics at all, it’s the controls. They really need to release a monster hunter on PS3/360. It’s a superb series that whilst doesn’t really evolve too much, is always worth paying attention too.

5. chronoss2

sorry Hunam, I misunderstood you :D I definitely agree with you regarding the messy controls.

6. The_Deleted

We need a PS3 Monster Hunter. The Wii had potential but… well…It’s the Wii, innit…

7. Hunam

I’ve got the one on the Wii, it’s rather great, except the camera controls on the right stick for the classic controller pro are a bit weird as it’s not how they should be done, there is like 5 preset vertical position but normal horizontal positions, you often clip the vertical one accidently and shift really high or low while just trying to pan.

The online is good though, it’s like an MMO in it’s own unique way, except the voice chat is kinda broken and pointless.

PS3 or 360 would do me to be honest, and the series would do well being support by DLC to give the end game extra challenges for the more hardcore of the bunch. Some people I know, though not me, have put 200+ hours into the game and still find new stuff to do online.

8. RETARDED VIKING

Will it finally go online?

9. Goffee

Catch 22 – Japan’s retail sales soar. However, productivity plummets

10. OlderGamer

I never really got into MH. It reminded me too much of Phantasy Star. And to be honest, I would rather play a PS game. As far as hours to sink into a game like this? I haven’t played a PS game yet that I didn’t clock in at least 200hours. I think I have around 1500(no lie) on PSO.

I would at least give a MH on xb360 or PS3 a go around.