Jade Raymond confirms Splinter Cell 6 in the works with video

Friday, 26th November 2010 17:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

jaderaymond

Ubisoft’s Jade Raymond has confirmed the publisher’s Toronto studio is working on Splinter Cell 6.

News of the game was announced in a video released yesterday, which notes 83 folks have been hired to work in the studio.

“We’re working on Splinter Cell 6, the next iteration of the blockbuster franchise, and we’re doing it entirely here in Toronto,” said Raymond in the video below.”Within the next 10 years we plan to ramp up [the Toronto] studio to at least 800 people, and we’re ahead of schedule on that.”

Back in May, Raymond confirmed a new game was coming to the series, but this is the first time it’s been called Splinter Cell 6.

According to the video, the game is well into production.

Watch for yourself over on Eurogamer.

Thanks, Mike.

1. Bikki

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH! I hope it’s like Double Agent and not like Conviction, i love the slow paced stealth gameplay. Double Agent is one of the best games iv’e ever played.

2. xino

what happened to Maxime Miller? i like the guy because of how he presented Convictions at EEE3 09?:P

I hope this new Splinter Cell will be Conviction 2 emphasis solely on co-op!

3. cookiejar

I’d rather Chaos Theory 2 :D

4. LOLshock94

5. Razor

So she’s off to ruin Splinter Cell then?

6. Maximum Unreal

Conviction + Double Agent decisions= 24 tv show that would i like the most:)

7. OrbitMonkey

360 exclusive?

8. albo88

so far the best series ever i love fisher and im not gay lol
    convintation was a nice innovation infarct look at how fast activision copy it its style
    anway cant wait for the old sam to hit the show

9. Stardog

Chaos Theory 2, please.

10. KillerDD

What #3 said!!!

11. onlineatron

Jade Raymond, now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.

She seemed to be pushed aside after the forum backlash about her performance promoting the original Assassin’s Creed.

What actually happened to her, what does she do?

12. justiceblob

@11 apparently she’s the managing director for Ubisoft Toronto and has executively produced the last 3 Assasin games…

13. onlineatron

Goodness, ‘pushed aside’ was the wrong phrase to use then.

Just seemed Patrice was more involved in the promotion of ACII than her, which I appreciated as he KNEW the game.

14. Moonwalker1982

Is this a different studio than the one who made Conviction or exact same team?

15. Aimless

@11 The only “forum backlash” I remember was the one where the dregs of the internet continuously made witless, inappropriate comments about her.

If you want a reason for taking a step back from the public eye, being constantly insulted for being an attractive woman seems like a pretty good one.

Anyway, I’m interested in seeing where they take Splinter Cell next. Conviction had a lot of good ideas but was a bit too obviously mechanical, plus I didn’t appreciate being forced into firefights; for my money Sam Fischer should either avoid open conflict or neutralise it before it begins.

16. onlineatron

I seem to remember people (myself included) chastising her for what seemed like a very base level knowledge of the product. A lot of people speculated that Ubi only shoved her out there because she was an ‘attractive woman’.

17. RickyWicky

I was a little disappointed with how Conviction turned out but the increased speed of the action felt refreshing, but consequently the game is really linear and I didn’t notice any difference between normal and the supposed realistic mode where if someone “sort of” spots some movement, they still ignore it and your pistol still had infinite ammo. I loved the “hunger factor” of the previous titles where you had to either shoot a guy or take him out manually to conserve ammo.

Here’s hoping for the best.

18. Isaaclarke37

Glad to know that Jade is working on the Projekt.Been a big fan of the franchise and a big fan as well for Jade.
    Can’t wait to know more for the game.

19. MegaGeek1

Toronto Toronto Toronto!! Anyone know how I can get a job cleaning floors there?

20. triggerhappy686

I hate how they made Sam 10 years younger. I mean WTF, this realllly annoys me. Also Grimsdóttír looks all cyber punky, and that red hair?? Again WTF, totally out of character.

21. frostquake

I remember the first couple of times I saw Jade on video, she was scared to death and could hardly speak.. ;)