Hickey – GTA V will “likely” hit T2′s fiscal 2012

Thursday, 25th November 2010 09:09 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gtawall

And it’ll be another whopper, reckons the Janco analyst.

Janco Partners’ Mike Hickey believes it’s “likely” Take-Two will ship the next GTA in its financial 2012, which runs from April 2012-March 2013.

GTA V, or whatever it’s called, could sell 16 million copies and generate $750 million, he added.

The next in the series is rumoured to be set in Hollywood.

BioShock Infinite should release in the same 12 months, Hickey said, as reported by Gamespot, and sell around 4 million units.

Hickey believes Take-Two’s fiscal 2011 will be propped up by LA Noire and Max Payne 3. The two games are likely to be partnered by Duke Nukem Forever.

GTA IV released in April 2008. It was announced in March this year that the game had sold 15 million units globally.

1. Blerk

I wish someone would pay me for guessing what a company’s going to be releasing in a few years from now.

2. Zarckan

Horse crap Oct 2011 to Apr 2012

3. Gekidami

Unless Rockstar have put other projects on hold, this dosnt seem likely.

4. cookiejar

I’m wondering about Agent. Surely thats got to come before GTA, being a Rockstar North game? Its been ages now..

5. Crysis

REALLY, want to hear ANYTHING about Agent, give u some F#cking news R*

6. drewbles82

arent they doing Bully 2 as well. Add ons for red dead. I wanna see them do a Pirate game in the sorta style they do.

7. Sid

GTA IV: 17 million, according to you Pat ;)

8. Moonwalker1982

For the last few days i’ve been playing GTA IV again, it’s still so damn impressive. Even now i spot little details that i hadn’t seen before. No games still comes close to this in terms of atmosphere and the little details. The only game to top that will be GTA V and i absolutely can’t wait.

I still love how NPC’s react to you in this game, how the cars handle and look, the overall feel. Just love it, alotta people just played the missions of this game and when they finished it, they put the game away. You’ll only see half of the game that way. Rockstar didn’t make the atmosphere so damn awesome for nothing.

9. No_PUDding

Agent is on a backseat for me now, L.A Noire is all I care about, from Rockstar.

The impression I get, from reading things, is that Rockstar tend to focus on themselves as a stable – or one large developer. Because each team has a production and conceptualisation arm; maybe a few are for production exclusively.

What that allows Rockstar to do, is outsource different elements of the game to production teams across their stable, keeping them busy, while the conceptualisation teams are also busy.

So I get the impression, most things are on the backburner till that comes out.

10. Johnny Cullen

GTA IV is one of my games of this generation. I want a sequel now, Housers.

11. Blerk

Me too. Although if it’s really far off you could distract me for a while with Bully 2.

12. LOLshock94

Mike……………………….Hickey HAHAHAHAHAH COULDNT HELP MY SELF

13. Moonwalker1982

Bully 2…that would be so damn awesome. Absolutely loved the first one.

14. Kuwabara

agent will come out late 2012, gta 5 early 2012, mark my words :)

15. No_PUDding

Red Dead has worked well for them, they don’t need another GTA for a while.

GTAIV is a game I can still go back to. But it’s disappointing how much it relied on it’s narrative over and above it’s sandbox heritage.