Japanese software charts Nov. 15-21: Black Ops on PS3 leads the pack

Wednesday, 24th November 2010 21:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

blackops8

Media Create has released the sales figures for the week of November 15 -21, and the software chart in Japan was dominated by Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The game sold 128,922 units on PS3 while the Xbox 360 version sold 30K units. Square Enix published game for Activision in the region, and the subtitled version is what topped the charts as the dubbed version won’t see a release until next month.

Super Fossil Fighters debuted in second with almost 43K units sold on DS, and Pokemon Black and White is still maintaining a spot in the top five, sitting at number three with 39,883 units sold – bringing its LtD total to 4,450,879 – wow.

The top 20 is below:

17. Kirby’s Epic Yarn (Wii) – 11,840
  18. Wii Sports Resort (Wii) – 11,745
  19. Pachige Tamashii CR Evangelion Hajimari no Fukuin (PSP) – 9,102
  20. Winning Eleven Play Maker 2011 (Wii) – 8,105

1. Erthazus

1.Call of Duty Black Ops Subtitled Version (PS3): 128,922

thats impressive for Japan.

“7.Call of Duty Black Ops Subtitled Version (X360) – 30,279″

Hillarious compared to the worldwide.

2. OrbitMonkey

That’s surprising, I didn’t think fps’s were that popular in Japan. Course everything will get squashed by Gran Tourismo next month.

3. lexph3re

Hmm although pokemon black and white sales as seperate. Sku’s can you really just combine the sales like that?

4. Gekidami

I wish the Back Ops “Subtitled Version” was on sale in European countries to. The dubs i’m forced to listen to are terrible.

5. pukem0n

isnt black and white essentially the same game? ^^

red and blue were the completely same game, so who cares if you put them together?

6. lexph3re

Well I ask because I would like to know what’s the common one being sold. Just because they are essentially the. Same game doesn’t mean they are. A difference. Is. A difference. Also, id like to know which one is purchased more because I might want to get the opposite. One because I know the other would be common. I was a super poke head no longer then 2 yrs ago. And I know having the game without magmar pisses off. When I need to complete the dex.(even though most of my friends used action replay. DIRTY CHEATIN BASTARDS).

7. Gadzooks!

The 360 version of BLOPS sold one quarter of the PS3 versions numbers, on an install base of, what, one tenth of the PS3? (Rough estimate as I dont have LTD hardware figures handy)

For a machine with such a miniscule install base in Japan, 360 versions of games still manage to chart, reinforcing the proof of 360 having the highest software attach rate of the current consoles.

Still, I doubt Japan provides any more than mere pocket money for MS. I also doubt that MS really care that much, given thier position.

8. Blerk

The 360 has actually sold about 1/4 as many units as the PS3 in Japan (1.4m vs 5.8m). So the ratio of COD sales is practically identical on both machines.

9. Gadzooks!

Oh, I didnt realise LTD figures were quite like that. I stand (well, sit) corrected.

I wonder where the 360 sales came from then, as every week PS3 sells 20-30k vs. 360 selling 2-3k.

Even a year headstart at those figures would only equal around 120k.

I need a chart of some kind. Preferably one related to sales figures.

I’ll take a chart of ambient room temparature vs. visible cleavage as a second choice though, as long as there are pictures to go with it.

10. Blerk

360 sales weren’t always this bad. Back when the PS3 was still really expensive and the 360 was getting semi-regular JRPG exclusives it was actually shifting moderately decent numbers.

But MS seem to have given up, and the PS3 is much cheaper now and has a decent software base.