Last week, a video for TRON: Evolution featuring game director Darren Hedges was released, along with a couple of screens.
Today, there’s seven new screens for you to feast your eyes on along with some news on multiplayer.
Gamespot has screens and you can check ’em out here. Each one is an environment shot.
As far as the multiplayer is concerned, it will include a Sam Flynn skin for the multiplayer arenas along with two free maps through a code available only in the retail case.
The maps are the Codestream Nexus and the User’s Plaza – both available at release – and the aforementioned Sam Flynn multiplayer skin, which will be available the week of December 13. It enables players’ multiplayer avatar to resemble Sam Flynn, a central character in the TRON: Legacy film.
With the two free additional maps, the game will contain a total of six multiplayer maps at release with addtional maps scheduled to be available as future downloadable content.
Here’s more information courtesy of the press release:
- The TRON: Evolution multiplayer modes feature 10-player online competitive multiplayer with programs battling on game grids based within the franchise. Like the single-player experience, players move through environments using free roaming, climbing and vehicles while battling with high mobility combat and discs.
- Online multiplayer games can include both players and AI bots in the maps featuring close-quarters combat. Players can choose teams that include players and AI bots or join together on one team to battle a team of AI bots in a co-op set-up.
- In single-player mode, players can choose quickly to be transported into multiplayer arenas. Their single-player game is automatically saved and their status in both online and offline is the same.
- Light Cycles – Players will have the choice of selecting among three light cycles as they progress through the game. The three light cycles have different handling and features. In vehicle maps, all players can transform into light cycles at any time to move freely around the environments. The light cycles are fast, nimble vehicles that leave light trails that can derezz opponents. Players can also throw their disc at enemies while moving on certain light cycles. Light cycles can turn both on arcs or on right angles
- Tanks – Two tanks are available to the first players to access them on vehicle maps. The tanks provide the advantage of being strong and powerful but are also slow. With the proper skill and strategy, players on foot and on light cycles can destroy tanks.
- Separate from the two additional maps, there are four online multiplayer maps each suited for different styles of combat and strategy. Half are larger maps that enable players to transform into light cycles or access one of the limited tanks on the map.
- The names of the maps and descriptions are:
- Defrag – This map takes place on the outskirts of the cities. This is a large map featuring vehicles
- Circuit Board – This is another large map with platforms and vehicles
- Hard Disk – This is a medium-sized map with movement on foot only and vertical architecture enabling free roaming movement and climbing
- Heat Sink – This is another medium-sized map with movement on foot only and a vertical structure
- Four game modes are available for each map. The modes provide a variety of gameplay challenges for players of all skill levels.
- Disintegration – Players compete individually to derezz their opponents most. The player with the highest derezz total, having wiped out the most players, wins.
- Team Disintegration – Teams compete to derezz the other team’s players.
- Bit Runner – A central bit is available to be acquired. Teams compete to pick up the bit and stay on the grid while the other team attempts to derezz the bit runner and acquire the bit. The team with the most points holding the bit wins.
- Power Monger – Teams compete to secure capture points. Energy nodes have to be linked in order to gain points.
Upon release, the game will have “persistent character customization across all modes” which means your progress and roughly 60 upgrades in single-player will transfer to online multiplayer, and vice-versa.
TRON: Evolution is slated for release December 7 on DS, PC, PSP, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360.