Konami “ships” 1 million Castlevania units

Tuesday, 23rd November 2010 08:17 GMT By Patrick Garratt

clos

Konami’s said it’s shipped 1 million units of Castlevania: Lords of Shadown in North America and Europe. As for actual sales, however, the firm’s not saying.

“Castlevania has truly reinvented itself with its move to next gen platforms and we’re extremely pleased at the positive response we’ve seen toward Castlevania: Lords of Shadow globally, mainly due to the dedicated fans who have supported the series for so long,” said Konami president Shinji Hirano.

“The remarkable sales achieved in such a short time are a true testament of the work and dedication that went into this project, and we’re very grateful to have partnered with such fine talent in the rebirth of one of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.’s most successful franchises.”

The game released on October 5. A sequel’s strongly tipped to be in the works.

1. Blerk

The fact that it’s already in the bargain bins makes me suspect that they sold far fewer than they shipped.

2. freedoms_stain

True Blerk, sure I saw it on zavvi mega Monday for 17.95 or there abouts.

Played the demo, which I thought sucked rather large amounts of ass.

3. Robo_1

It deserves to sell many times that. It’s an utterly epic single player adventure, which I can heartily recommend to anyone.

4. Blerk

I wasn’t really sold on the demo but I’ll probably pick it up once the price drops a little more.

In the meantime I’m playing Symphony of the Night. :-)

5. orakaa

Same here : wasn’t sold at all on the demo.
    Maybe when it reaches the bargain bin… but there are so many games that appeal more to me that I may pass in the the end

6. LOLshock94

i thought the demo was shit aswell but the actuall game is so good everyone should get it and the demo part is at the very beginning so after that mission the game turns to god

7. DaMan

surprising, I thought it would do better than that. will there be a reboot aimed at old Castlevania fanbase now?

8. Gekidami

I wish i had a time machine so i could go back and tell my past-self not to buy this game. It really was bad.